Home Improvement

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
I'd seriously reconsider. In Massachusetts when you renovate to that extent all galvi has to come out. It was a mistake to allow it for plumbing and will severely rot and corrode.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm going to get an actual plumber to quote on this so I'll ask their opinion and a price. I know it's shit but it's working and it just getting that horizontal vent run out would be a nightmare. I may do the drain arm for the sink

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
I'd leave the 2" vent stack you got there and cut and peel everything else out of that galvi tee. Go PVC male adapters from that point down to whatever it ties in to. Probably a day, you could do it.

Picasso3

It goes from 2 to 1.5 downward which i thought was a no no. I'll follow it down and see where i have to get. The area underneath is a mess.

I just know as soon as i try to do anything with it it's going to break off at the threads l, fall through the ceiling, and rape my wife

Picasso3

I was thinking it was a wet vent for the bathroom shower upstairs that now that i think about it its probably all going to the 3 inch CI stack in the corner.

I will def replace any drain to below floor and leave vents as is prob.

Picasso3

Got a kitchen layout put together. Room totally sucks, 3 doors, 2 windows, the one on the lower wall is too low to put cabs under and is centered and at least 6 ft wide.

KITCHEN LAYOUT.jpg

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

BB = ButcherBlock counter top?

if so, Ikea - cheap and easy...its what I did - left overs make nice cutting boards.

Picasso3

Yeah, no ikea around but lowes carries it.

The pantry cab is about a thousand bucks so i may just frame in the fridge and do an upper corner cabinet and a triangular bb counter on corbels below.

Last edited:

Siliconemelons

Well it also is what you are looking for... the BB from lowes and other retailers will be essentially custom made and have little to no seams etc. Ikea you are going to buy them in pieces that are standard depth and choices of 2 lengths - and one wider than standard depth that can be used for making a huge island or something - I used it to make a bar overhang. So they are really in the end different "levels" of product - but the ikea stuff is like 200-300$ for an entire kitchen...so yeah.. I redid my entire kitchen with ikea BB and premade homedepot cabinets for about 2000$ - all really to get us through a few years and then redo the kitchen with "good stuff"...well...better stuff... I don't want to spend 10k unless I am doing a full redesign of the dang thing.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Was going to clean/paint the base boards in the backyard shack we built when I saw this. Appears the baseboards are already getting fuzzy, I do hope this is just something that happens with new construction and not a "mold" problem. What you all think?
bti6sPE.jpg

22lPnff.jpg

Picasso3

Bizarro man those look 50 years old. Maybe it'll sort itself out once you get the humidity down? Does it rub off?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Nice I will look into the salt lamp. Likely I just hot boxed the room since it rained heavily, then temps from 52-81 each day for the week or so fucked it all up.

Siliconemelons

thinking about putting in a mini split into my 250sq ft craft room vs a window unit with thermostat... but the cost is like 500$+ what really would the advantage be? I would get a 2-3 head unit capable unit as I would then use it in my mini house I plan to build soon (tm)