Home Improvement

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
800 for demo is also lol

Depends on existing countertop and backsplash type.
Tile countertops (and backsplash). It's for the kitchen and two bathrooms. Also includes plywood (although that's incredibly minor).

We considered doing the demo ourselves, but I said fuck that, mostly just because I don't feel like spending my weekend doing it.

And I agree on the backsplash cost, which is why I'm doing it myself. I'm thinking subway tile, which I can likely do for about $100, or if I decide to get fancy as shit and do mosaic tiles, would be like $300.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh i was thinking it was 4" matching countertop strip
Oh, sorry. No, that's what they were saying was included in the $4500 for the kitchen. He said an additional $1500 if I wanted a tile backsplash. But fuck that. Tiling is way too easy to pay someone else to do it.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It's prob all one piece on plywood, you take out a few screws underneath, carry it out front and throw it in the creek, 30 mins tops.

Bathrooms prob 1 piece vanities even easier.

Picasso3

Oh, sorry. No, that's what they were saying was included in the $4500 for the kitchen. He said an additional $1500 if I wanted a tile backsplash. But fuck that. Tiling is way too easy to pay someone else to do it.

Well you should get a small credit on not using the 4" then.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
The credit will be just the labor to edge and polish the stone. Maybe $100. You're buying the whole piece of granite that the countertop is made of anyways. You're not going to save on that material.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
So marble counter tops are bid with the following in mind.

First you have a per sq. ft. for the surface of the top. Second you have a linear foot for the edge that you choose.

Some edges are harder than others to produce. This is really only if you are doing old school layered edging, nobody does this any more. Every other edge "should" be the same price but they are clever and charge according to popularity and perceived difficulty.

Citation: My parents owned a marble counter top business for 20 years and I worked in it every day from 4th grade until I graduated high school.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The credit will be just the labor to edge and polish the stone. Maybe $100. You're buying the whole piece of granite that the countertop is made of anyways. You're not going to save on that material.
I actually figured that out by accident, when one of our estimators came in, looked at our kitchen and said, "That's 2 slabs, about $xxxx." Didn't take a single measurement. Figured out at that point you're basically just buying the whole slab. Anything leftover is probably made into a sample or something.

Picasso3

I got them to do some window sills for mine, worked out pretty great, they didn't even charge me anything.

Picasso3

because i'm cooking.

My uncle got carerra and he lives in a permanent state of terror that someone is going to stain his countertops. It stays water stained and has a few places of wine discoloration.

Picasso3

How would you handle the cast iron toilet run with an obviously destroyed flange. I'm thinking use a plastic one with the twist in rubber gasket and I can ensure its screwed down to good wood. Do i even need the vent since it's within 6 ft of the stack? That vent is right where I'm moving kitchen sink to on opposite side of wall.

Fucking plumbers won't call me back