Honeymoon Ideas?

Teljair_sl

shitlord
We're going to be booking our honeymoon in the next week or so. Budget around $4-5k. Going end of May.

In November we stayed at Secrets of The Vine in Cancun and loved it, $2,600 each for the two of us including flights. We're even considering going back here unless we find something better. We're also considering the new Norwegian Breakaway cruise out of NYC.

Any ideas/hidden gems?

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Walt Disney World. Make sure you comment on how hot all the Disney princesses are, and let your wife know that it has always been your dream to have a threesome involving Pocahontas.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
No prob, I haven't been married so my advice isn't biased by experience.

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
I'd go to key west, fish dive the reef stay in a great hotel and enjoy the keys.

Psypher_sl

shitlord
If your up for some adventure, Costa Rica is a great choice. White water rafting, canopy tours, fishing, diving, visit volcanoes, and tons of other things. Definitely a place worthy of a honeymoon. You should be able to do it within that budget.

If you like diving, Ambergris Caye. All the hotels (well more like apartments) are on the beach and the dive shops pick you up right off the dock of your hotel. The reef is really close and of course, you can't go there without diving the Blue Hole. But again, Costa Rica would be my choice.

I'd go to key west, fish dive the reef stay in a great hotel and enjoy the keys.
I lived in Miami 30+ years, been up and down the keys and done it all. This is definitely NOT a choice for memorable honeymoon. The beaches are crap. It's definitely great for a regular vacation if you've never been there, but for a honeymoon? fk no.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
If you live somewhere where it snows when it gets cold then I suggest you book a week long honeymoon vacation to somewhere warm but do it during the coldest part of the season (or maybe over new years). I took my wife on a surprise cruise when there was 3 feet of snow on the ground and the warmth, sun, and beaches was like an adventure to another world right in the middle of winter. It made an impression.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Doesn't seem like a few weeks to plan/book the trip is going to give you many options really. I was going to suggest something like Bali, but that's probably over your budget.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I spent a few days in St. Croix (US Virgin Island) this past December. It was a beautiful country and you don't even need a passport to get there. On top of that, the currency is USD. It was a really beautiful place. The days were roughly 85 degrees, and the water was like a bath. Went diving and it was literally 78 degrees at 70 feet. I opted not to use a wetsuit and didn't have a single chill. Let me just say, if you're a SCUBA person, the diving isn't incredible... it's something you do if you just happen to be there, but don't plan a trip around it.

The resort we stayed at was the Divi Carina Bay. It was all inclusive (including alcohol), and the meals were incredible. We had a lot of fun out there, and it was beautiful.

To get there, fly from Miami to St. Croix. It is roughly a 5 hour flight.

Salshun_sl

shitlord
I honeymooned in Mendocino, CA. You ever seen The Truman Show? It looks like that. The town looks too fake to be real. We slept in this little bed and breakfast, room was small as shit, and that was just perfect. Everything was amazing. We went hiking through redwood forests, walked around on white sand beaches, ate one of the best meals of my life in a house that had been converted into a restaurant, then just walked around the town.

The first time I saw the town was when some buddies from college at UNR did a road trip to Ukiah. We saw this couple getting married in Mendocino on a cliff, the whole thing was covered in roses. It was some Dark Tower level shit. I made a promise to myself that if I got married, I was coming back here, and I did. Seriously, the whole town is just breathtaking.

pic_pack_2.jpg