Houston, moving there.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
That is because 3rd Ward is not a poor mexican/latino area. It is a heavily poor black area.

Yeah, though the area is starting to gentrify due to proximity to downtown/midtown/UH. I lost my shit on my GF when she had me turn into 3rd Ward recently (fucking Google Maps gives no shits about driving you through the projects), only to be surprised there were a bunch of upscale townhomes popping up there. Whatevs.

On a related note: Axelrad is great, you should go have some top notch beer with every hipster in Houston, then walk across the street and try Under The Radar brewery.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Yeah north of 45 South you have the 2nd Ward Warhouse District that is becoming pretty gentrified with a bunch of those gated town homes being put in and loft apartments. If Brother's Tacos is still around, I highly recommend going there for breakfast or lunch.

Last edited:

Vinen

God is dead
I find the whole gated communities concept hilarious. Our houses out in Boston cost 4x as much and there are almost zero gated communities in the area.

Muurloen

You are probably going to have to book a hotel in a neighboring town such as Sugar Land, Katy, Pearland, and thus also rent a car. I am quite sure any real nice hotel inside of 610 has been booked up for a while.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
If I'm planning a super bowl trip where should I stay?

NRG Stadium is near 610 and 288, in the medical center area. A bunch of the Super Bowl events are at Discovery Green, which is near the George R Brown Convention Center in downtown. Those would be your ideal locations. As Muur said, they're probably also booked and extremely expensive if you did find something. Pearland is the closest suburb to NRG, it is off 288.

Prepare to be traffic-raped; even the Houston Bowl at NRG was a traffic clusterfuck & the Super Bowl is multiple times bigger.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Nah hotels do 't book up until the teams going are solidified. Been to them in 14 and 11, Indy sucked for hotels but Arizona was a breeze.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
If I'm planning a super bowl trip where should I stay?

You got no chance of a hotel, send your tickets to me, because I know people I can stay with. How much ya want?

If you're right that shit's not booked up yet, stay in the nicest downtown hotel you can find. As long as the hotel is nice, you're not nearly as likely to get raped and robbed in the surrounding area.

If they are booked, I'd look for a hotel close to a metro park and ride in an outlying community.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Uber Uberest Uber Uberest

Hey man, where do you get your SB tickets, and what's it like going to one? Compare it to a regular game, if there is a comparison. I normally prefer watching games on TV (by a long shot) but attending a SB is kind of on my bucket list. Being in an area I'm familiar with, and with the chance my team will actually be playing, I'm trying to decide if I want to try to go.

The 2 you went to, were the patriots playing? (I'm not going to look it up).

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Hoss Hoss

Ya in 2011 we flew to Chicago, rented a car and drove to Indy on a Friday, bought our tickets from a reputable source in Indy, $1800 a piece. I was 28, so really the first time I had the opputrtunity to do it, in 2007 I was too broke. At that time I had season tickets with a buddy, and obviously was a big Pats fan, me and three other buddies went sort of as a bucket list experience, not knowing what to expect.

It was unbelievable, I really can't describe the atmosphere, we spent all day downtown Saturday at the fan fests and behind the ESPN broadcast getting on tv back home and shit. Met an insane amount of celebrities and sports personalities at bars, pissed next to Ryan Fitzpatrick who was cool to us because we were from Boston and he went to Harvard, argued with Trent Dilfer, hung out with James Ihedigbo's mother and girlfriend, just an unreal time. Indy locals talked mad shit but it was all in good fun. Game sucked because they lost, and walking out of the stadium and having the Giants fans taunting you sucked, but the whole experience was so great I vowed to go back if the Pats ever did. You can see why people go to every super bowl even if their team is not involved.

In 2014 I went back with the same crew of guys, one of them had gotten 4 tickets from work for face value, so we got in for $1200. We did it right this time though, rented a house in Glendale from Thurs to Mon, had a pool, went out every night, it was the balls. Obviously game was unbelievable thought I was going to see the Pats lose again, and then Butler picking off the pass it was unbelieveable.

Same 4 are going back this year if the Pats go, if Cowboys go you should definitely spend the money to get in, literally nothing like it.

Last edited:

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
In 2014 I went back with the same crew of guys, one of them had gotten 4 tickets from work for face value, so we got in for $1200.

Is that $1200 a piece, or $1200 for 4 tickets?

What kinda seats did you get for $1800 and $1200? Were they decent, or were those the cheapie seats?

Also, how do you find the reputable source?

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
$1200 a piece was face, they were end zone 18 rows back where Butler made the interception semi-corner.In 2011 our face price was 950 and we paid $1800, they were solid seats, corner end zone on second level. They were hard tickets from a dealer out of Texas who represented the NFL QB club, we googled him before going to his hotel and purchasing.

Muurloen

Nah hotels do 't book up until the teams going are solidified. Been to them in 14 and 11, Indy sucked for hotels but Arizona was a breeze.
It isnt the fans that have booked up the hotels, everyone involved with the super bowl, which include support, all of the thousands of sponsors, production crews, media, and everything else in between, has probably booked up anything decent hotel inside of 610.

If you find something, I would be amazed.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
I've been twice. I appreciate your feelings, but the fact is there are plenty of hotels still available.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Scratch that, way more than 11. 11 was just the first page. I scrolled down through like 3 more pages before I gave up.

Muurloen

Real classy selections there Hoss. Best Westerns, La Quintas and this gem. Are Scottish Inn's passable for you as well?

QVOLGTM.jpg

Yeah, no. You are probably working on the premise that we have a comparable transit system to go from A to B that you are use to where ever you live. That assumption is completely wrong.

If you do want to take public transportation, tale the light rail from the Fannin park and ride.

tVRORD2.jpg

The traffic and construction that is going on in this city are there own separate, and equally, very real animals, and will be turnt up to levels that we see for the Livestock Show & Rodeo every year.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
You take uber. We also don't need fancy hotels, you are literally out all day. Try less Muurloen, you're wrong on all accounts.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Are Scottish Inn's passable for you as well?

I've actually stayed at that scottish inn when I was going to Space City ComiCon at reliant center. It's not bad, and it has hot tub rooms. The only problem I had with it was that it wasn't walking distance to the convention. It wasn't as good as the hotel across the breezeway from the GRB, but it also wasn't as expensive.