I am now officially accepting Christmas presents

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!
Status
Not open for further replies.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I already got offered a job as a Microsoft solutions architect in another arm of the company, but my boss won't release me from my position, stating that there is a "two year commitment" to the second and third shift teams when hired, followed by a back-fill period of 4-8 months while they search for a replacement. I confirmed with HR that I never signed anything to that effect, and that they've never even heard of such a thing. My boss replied with "well, it's, for lack of a better term, a gentleman's agreement" to which I literally facepalmed and told him that's the worst possible thing he could have said.

Annual review/salary re-negotiation is sometime this month, although it was supposed to be sometime last month, they're just stalling at this point.
if you're not prepared to quit you have zero leverage going into the meeting. grow a pair and tell them exactly what salary demands you have and if they won't meet it you're walking out.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
I already got offered a job as a Microsoft solutions architect in another arm of the company, but my boss won't release me from my position, stating that there is a "two year commitment" to the second and third shift teams when hired, followed by a back-fill period of 4-8 months while they search for a replacement. I confirmed with HR that I never signed anything to that effect, and that they've never even heard of such a thing. My boss replied with "well, it's, for lack of a better term, a gentleman's agreement" to which I literally facepalmed and told him that's the worst possible thing he could have said.

Annual review/salary re-negotiation is sometime this month, although it was supposed to be sometime last month, they're just stalling at this point.
Then quit you dumb fuck.

Unless there is something that you are not saying.

Rikkon

Lord Nagafen Raider
There is no way the current boss is able to block a move because of a "gentlemens agreement".

HR wouldn't have made the offer for the new manager if there were any internal roadblocks such as time in position, performer reviews etc. they just fucking wouldn't. They are not in the business of wasting a bunch of people's time.

Additionally so many other stories are just blatantly not true such as pay not being commiserate with experience etc that this has to be one giant troll by a dude in his basement with nothing to do but create elaborate stories about getting fucked over.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
There is no way the current boss is able to block a move because of a "gentlemens agreement".

HR wouldn't have made the offer for the new manager if there were any internal roadblocks such as time in position, performer reviews etc. they just fucking wouldn't. They are not in the business of wasting a bunch of people's time.
I never said HR made the offer. Team lead of another team made the offer. HR has nothing to do with it. I only went to HR to go over the paperwork I signed when I took the job to see if any of that paperwork stated I couldn't be released from my position for 2 years.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I never said HR made the offer. Team lead of another team made the offer. HR has nothing to do with it. I only went to HR to go over the paperwork I signed when I took the job to see if any of that paperwork stated I couldn't be released from my position for 2 years.

140515_KIDS_Lying.png

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
you're either full of shit or the world's worst negotiator.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Then you are stupid. Honestly if this is real then there is zero real to feel sympathy for you. If it's just a troll lie then you are doing a damn fine job. Either way this thread should be in the shaw.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Well, I was told negotiating wasn't even an option.
tell the guy in the department that supposedly wants to hire you about the situation and let them know you're quitting if you don't get it resolved.

negotiating is always an option.

Rikkon

Lord Nagafen Raider
HR always makes the offer whether it be internal or external.

An exec may talk turkey with a prospective hire that they really want to cut through of some of the red tape, time etc but the official offer will always come from HR. To do otherwise opens up the company to liability... especially at the level being discussed here and with a protected class....

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Why the fuck is this not merged with Cuntasaurus's other bleeding vagina thread in the Rickshaw? Its basically that shit all over again.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Jesus fuck mist.

Let me show you how to negotiate.

I am gonna go into my old dealership and negotiate a salary which no sales man have ever accomplished at this dealership.

Will be back and tell you the difference of having a ball and having zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.