I need medical advice - blew out my ankle

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
As someone who played center in high school and suffered uncountable amounts of both high and low ankle sprains my best advice is to look up stretches for your ankle.

For example if I try to rotate my left foot in a circle it's very jerky and unresponsive, I'm not gonna pretend to understand the biomechanical science here but it didn't heal correctly and without stretching it shortly after one of my worse injuries I have limited it's mobility permanently

Stretch it often, take care of it in a reasonable fashion and I'm sure it will feel fine after awhile.

None of serious sprains I suffered ever resulted in long term pain, but like I said the mobility was where most the damage was caused from neglecting some kind of stretching regiment.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
As someone who played center in high school and suffered uncountable amounts of both high and low ankle sprains my best advice is to look up stretches for your ankle.

For example if I try to rotate my left foot in a circle it's very jerky and unresponsive, I'm not gonna pretend to understand the biomechanical science here but it didn't heal correctly and without stretching it shortly after one of my worse injuries I have limited it's mobility permanently

Stretch it often, take care of it in a reasonable fashion and I'm sure it will feel fine after awhile.

None of serious sprains I suffered ever resulted in long term pain, but like I said the mobility was where most the damage was caused from neglecting some kind of stretching regiment.
As a rule of thumb for sprains, stretching will generally do more harm than good. At least at first before he's increased stability. When a sprain happens, a ligament is stretched beyond it's normal range, and therefore, will cause the joint to be unstable. If you stretch the muscles, it will create more slack in the joint, meaning more instability. When it becomes too unstable, it will a chronic condition (easily sprain your ankle), and the ligament will become useless. You want to strengthen so your muscles take up the job of stabilizing the joint.

There's more technicality to it, but that's the gist of it.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
I guess that's my fault for being lazy, stretching is kinda of a generalized term I use for many different physically therapeutic treatments.

The kind of stuff I neglected was similar to the videos posted above, I mean technically it's strengthening and not stretching but for some reason I really want to call all that kind of shit stretching.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Oh shit, I thought this was the grown up section. I talked to a vet friend of mine who specializes in large animals. He said we're going to have to put you down.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Jesus dude, you pushed this off long enough.
Yeah well last time I went to the doctor it cost me like a grand and it was all for naught. Then I find out that podiatrists aren't even real doctors and a visit is pretty much chump change. Little did I know.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
How has your pain been over the course of this thread/the past month?
99% of the time there's none unless I'm doing something exercise intensive. even then, it's usually not that bad, but there's a few positions (namely squatting) that I can't flex into because of the swelling.