Immersion Circulator (or other sous vide setup)

Desidero

N00b
After reading a lot about cooking sous vide and reading through the Modernist Cuisine at Home book, I'm tempting myself to get one of the PolyScience Creative immersion circulators. I know that there are a number of foodies here, so I'm curious: Do any of you have a PolyScience circulator (any model) or another sous vide setup? Do you feel it was worth it?

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
1341032214403_8728282_large.png

1341032214403_8728282_large.png

I'd say you have to really be a foodie and sous vide a lot to justify one of those. I mean, if its your thing, then by all means go for it. They look very pro. But holy crap are they expensive... I guess (mostly since I'm poor) I have a "keep it simple" philosophy to cooking. Aside from the all the basics needed for classical cooking technique I have a few items used in Asian preparation. The only kitchen gadget that I could see myself using with frequency and utility that I don't have is a Bamix. I don't even know how much those things cost. I assume expensive.

Tea_sl

shitlord
After reading a lot about cooking sous vide and reading through the Modernist Cuisine at Home book, I'm tempting myself to get one of the PolyScience Creative immersion circulators. I know that there are a number of foodies here, so I'm curious: Do any of you have a PolyScience circulator (any model) or another sous vide setup? Do you feel it was worth it?
Late to the party, but have you ever cooked sous vide before? You can do it on your stove with some ziploc bags, a thermometer, and a large pot. Honestly I couldn't see dropping money for something like that outside of a restaurant or serious foodies with enormous amounts of disposable income.