[IndieGoGo] TableTop Season 3 (Wil Wheaton / Felicia Day coproduction)

Sulrn

Deuces
I know we have a at least one D20 gaming group that was going on for a while, so I feel comfortable posting this here.

For those that don't know,TableTopis a monthly webcast on theGeek&Sundry Channelwhere Wil and a few guests get together with a board/card game and record the gaming session. Usual flow of a show is Wil explains the base rules and introduces the main concept of the game, the guest introduce themselves, you see the opening moves/turns, then it turns into a highlights and side moments, until the last moves of the game. Each episode runs between 35-90 minutes. Some of the episodes are pretty funny and some of the games played are pretty interesting if you don't get to spend time in a true game/hobby shop where you normally are exposed to them. I've seen several of the games on the show talked about here in the forums (Shadows Over Camelot / Betrayal at House on the Hill come to mind).

The group is moving away from Google and going independent, so they've opened anIndieGoGoto crowd-fund season 3. It met its goal ($500k) in 4? days, but if they hit 750k we get more episodes and at 1M they finally explore the D20 realm as well. I remember from the D20 thread people talking about how boring or out of touch you can feel with webcam/web portal gaming, but watch 1-2 episodes of the show and you'll see that they do a good job editing to keep things engaging or at least entertaining. After watching the show I think the series is a good way to introduce new people to gaming (and would be extremely excited to see the same love go to D20 gaming). I've gotten several people off the fence and into game nights (Pandemic // Gloom, so far) using the webcast - and I think some of you could as well (or just watch and find something new to play).

Anyway, I thought this was worth a mention. Oh...and Felicia spends very little time actually on the show (thank god); this is mostly a Wil Wheaton thing.

Donate or don't donate, but try checking out the show and see if you find a new game you like.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yep kicking in soon here not familiar with when indiegogo charges so been waiting til the budget is open officially.

Sulrn

Deuces
I'm still holding on to see what other tier rewards they add in. Wil mentioned adding a new tier rewards to replace sold out tiers every week -- seems counter-intuitive to me, but I guess it attracts new donors at the end. I'll probably end up going in for a tshirt or the exclusive tt episode, but it'll be interesting to see what else they throw in there.

Sulrn

Deuces
An update for everyone. The crowd funding hit 750k today. So there's now 20 episodes instead of 15. The goal now is to hit the one mil mark. So if within two weeks they raise another 250k they explore the realm of rpg and d20 gaming.

If you enjoy Pathfinder, DnD, StarWarsd20, etc this is a big deal. The production value of the show is worthwhile to give d20 gaming a spotlight. Making traditional tabletop / pen and paper games more mainstream helps the genre as a whole.

Support or not, I hope some of you can enjoy the videos or use them to get others into gaming - it works!

Here's hoping for a d20 victory in the next two weeks.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
My attempt to get my friends to play Pandemic with me because of Wil Wheaton failed completely. I now own a box that collects dust with the word 'Pandemic' printed on it. My friends suck.

Sulrn

Deuces
The campaign is at $940K with 9 days left. Hopefully we'll be seeing a D20 released in the next week or so.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Is there a dedicated thread here to discuss board games? I'm interested in trying out some board games that are 2 player friendly to play with my wife.

Golgotha_sl

shitlord
I waiting for them to open up more Get ALL the Games tier. I would drop $1000. They said they were going to open up more towards the end of the campaign, but they only had 13 so far, so my chances of catching it in time seem pretty slim.

Yes Tenks, there is a thread called Board Games, but it slips off the front page fairly quickly. I would suggest going straight to boardgamegeek.com and checking out their forums. Vastly more information on what you are looking for, and people willing to help you figure it out.

Sulrn

Deuces
Is there a dedicated thread here to discuss board games? I'm interested in trying out some board games that are 2 player friendly to play with my wife.
Board Games

Golgotha_sl said:
I waiting for them to open up more Get ALL the Games tier. I would drop $1000. They said they were going to open up more towards the end of the campaign, but they only had 13 so far, so my chances of catching it in time seem pretty slim.
I was hoping that they would include a game in the Loot Crate, it would have justified upgrading my donation. Instead I'll stick with a T-shirt.

iannis

Musty Nester
I like tabletop and all, but 37k an episode seems kinda steep for what amounts to a podcast.

Hey, more power to 'em. It just makes me wonder how much money they're giving people to appear on the show. It is well produced and all, but that's like 3 guys.

Maybe we can get some Captain Picard action in s3!

Sulrn

Deuces
Wil already mentioned that Patrick Stewart would likely say yes to an appearance, but as he's not a gamer he probably wouldn't enjoy himself and thus most likely won't appear - at least not in any significant fashion. Other trekkers are very likely to appear though - Big Bang crew too.

Someone correct me if Im wrong, but the guests don't see a dime. Outside of a free copy of the game so they can learn it, they get paid with coffee and crew food. Giests are there because thet want to be.

iannis

Musty Nester
Somebody's makin money at 37k per spot. For that, they should pay their guests.

Not that I'm being overly critical. I dunno wtf it takes to budget an enterprise like this. It might be the film crew makin some bank. POWER TO THE PEEPULS.

It's a good cottage industry. Mr. Wheaton is a little bit of a douche, but it's also kinda funny.

Sulrn

Deuces
I think it's the $750K update or livestream, but Wil does a cost analysis and production FAQ if you're interested. I'm on the road this weekend, otherwise I'd link it for you.

iannis

Musty Nester
I found that clip and watched it (Geek and Sundry seems to hate firefox).

He's got a lot more overhead than I assumed he would. Which sort of makes the fact that he was able to swing it to begin with a little more impressive.

We got a real Gerhart up in here!

What does Ryan smell like?

Sulrn

Deuces
The crowd funding has officially hit the 1 million mark, so the RPG spinoff is a go. Time for more owlbears!

Everyone above $10 gets Ticket to Ride on Steam. Cheers!