Investing General Discussion

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Decided to take some some profits on the best damn investment I've ever had (given the timeframe owned). Wife got thousands of RSUs of AMD stock valued at various amounts 1-3$ per share and we've not touched it until today. lol. Sold half of it and the rest of it is pure gravy, no matter what happens to it.

What a stock that's been this year.

nice trade where patience paid off, kicking myself on NVDA never thought the run up would have this much strength

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
should of waited until ces!

We had a rather large position of it. We just sold off our long-term holds, left the short-terms and still have more yet to even vest.

If AMD explodes up or down, it's of no matter at this point. As I said, everything else in there is just gravy. I'm just really happy to see AMD doing well. Their new CEO really did a number on them in a good way. My wife was telling me she said paraphrasing.. "The days of being the cheaper alternative are over, we're not going to be a second-rate shop any longer. We're going to lead."

They might not be there yet, but they are making some damn good progress compared to old AMD.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
AMD is up another 13% since the last post here. Pretty crazy speculation!

+320% YTD. Insane.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
nvidia is just as crazy if not more, was up $6 today. AMDs rise makes some sense with going from the verge of bankruptcy to be ing set to releasing a new architecture which so far looks competitive but has nvidia done to warrant 400%+ rise in price in a year?

Pascal obviously sold well but THAT well?

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Depends how ballsy you are. CES is next week so should be tons of info about ryzen then and the following week is earnings report.

Elminage

N00b
NVDA at 102 today from the intraday high of 119.93 on Dec 28... this thing will end in tears. I'm calling 75 by March 1.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
NVDA at 102 today from the intraday high of 119.93 on Dec 28... this thing will end in tears. I'm calling 75 by March 1.
I'm not sure on that unless we see a market crash. I'm long on NVDA and my average is $24ish. It's potential will not be realized for years. I will hold.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bought Nov 24th

TransAlta Corp 890 shares
Shaw Communications 75 shares
Plaza REIT 650 shares
Brookfield Infrastructure Partners 46 shares
Baytex Energy 200 Shares
Dream Office REIT 116 shares
Northview Apartment REIT 92 shares
Artis REIT 559 shares

Bought In December

2016-12-01 Buy Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp 500 shares @ $11.18
2016-12-02 Buy Crescent Point Energy Corp 300 shares @ $17.39
2016-12-02 Buy Altagas Ltd 150 shares @ $32.38

No sales

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Any new years predictions?

bubble-popping.jpg

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Looks like the autistic retards of Reddit were trolled hard by that apple calls guy. Surprise surprise!

AMD says Ryzen will be released beginning of March in cc.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I picked up a starter position in JNJ last week @ 112, will add more sub 106 if that happens. Long term dividend hold, will sell over $130 however or at least start writing covered calls.

Watching XOM and WMT as dividend plays that I like that I previously sold after run ups. XOM I want @ 80 and WMT sub 63 but need a general market pull back to get there I think.

I wish I had held AAPL after last years dip down to 90, I have a bad habit of dumping companies that I really want to hold LT but have quick double digit gains

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I picked up a starter position in JNJ last week @ 112, will add more sub 106 if that happens. Long term dividend hold, will sell over $130 however or at least start writing covered calls.

Watching XOM and WMT as dividend plays that I like that I previously sold after run ups. XOM I want @ 80 and WMT sub 63 but need a general market pull back to get there I think.

I wish I had held AAPL after last years dip down to 90, I have a bad habit of dumping companies that I really want to hold LT but have quick double digit gains

I'm looking at JNJ
I hate AAPL and will never buy a company that 88% rev comes from a single product.

Bought 2000 share AQN @ $11.22

Bought 1000 share right now of CPG:TSE at $14.04

Moved WDC stop loss to $75 and NVDA to $100

Dividends for Jan were $640. No option trades