January Book of the Month Poll

Actually, which book are we reading? I'm going to get my copy or copies tomorrow. The poll looks closed, but there is a tie between War and Gods.

I didn't notice the thread until now, but I would have voted Old Man's War on simple account of my having read American Gods twice already.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
I'm not quite clear on the contest thing to pick a new Selector...could you clarify your idea a bit more?
The current system takes the two runners up from last month's poll, two books with the most recommendations from the current month's thread, and the winner of the contest can submit one book of their own for the poll.

Wildcard contest:

Post a picture of your copy of the book with a highlighter. Optional: photoshop the cover of the book to include a highlighter. Best picture wins the contest and can pick one book for the next month's poll.
Now that we've started I'm open for changes on how this works going forward. Although I liked the rules that were originally suggested for the book of the month club they won't work long term. What you've suggested is a better system, in my opinion.