Jet Li - The Sorcerer and the White Snake Trailer (2013)

spronk

FPS noob
this movie has been out on bluray rips for a year or two, its pretty good but weird in that typical asian way. jet li was apparently told he wouldn't be doing any kung fu in it but then his character got rewritten so he does fight, so he doesn't really seem that into the movie and his scenes kinda suck.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
This exact same movie is on Netflix, right now...

Edit: Kinda beaten by spronk.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Interesting... Added to my Netflix queue. Guess it's already out :/. Apologies.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I like this movie a lot, watched it a few times on Netflix because its silly in a great way. This movie is basically Romeo and Juliet meets Ghostbusters 2 and then Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon joins and the three stories make a beautiful insane baby called the Sorceror and the White Snake. Crazy? You better believe it. There's also a scene in it that looks like they just straight ripped the Gandalf versus the Balrog scene from LoTR and pasted Jet Li's body over Gandalf's. Which is really hilarious.

Jet li does seem detached through the movie, but I think it actually kind of adds to the character because his character in the movie is kind of an asshole.

This is definitely sort of Chinese B schlock, but in a great way.

Another good set of films on Netflix in Mandarin that are not B schlock is the Ip Man and Ip Man 2 films. They are essentially dramatizations of the life of the man Bruce Lee trained under in Hong Kong, and there's some really great fight scenes in them, and some really hilariously out of place Chinese nationalistic propaganda spread throughout ("Ip Man resisted the Japanese invasion and united all of China with the power of his fists!" is thrown out there at the end of the the first film for instance) but the story lines are really well done and its relatively low special effects, but fairly realistic martial arts (very up close, brutal, no flying around the sky shit like Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon).

I'm also watching Chow Yun Fat's Curse of the Golden Flower right now, and its a really good drama about a royal family and its very Game of Thrones (incest backstabbing and intrigue galore!) worth checking out but I don't think its on Netflix watching it on DVD.