Jury Duty

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Jury Duty

Genre: Comedy

First aired: 2023-04-07

Creator: Gene Stupnitsky, Lee Eisenberg

Cast: Ronald Gladden, James Marsden, Alan Barinholtz, Susan James Berger, Cassandra Blair, David Brown, Kirk Fox, Ross Kimball, Pramod Kumar, Trisha LaFache, Mekki Leeper, Edy Modica, Kerry O'Neill, Rashida Olayiwola, Whitney Rice, Maria Russell, Ishmel Sahid, Ben Seaward, Ron Song

Overview: The inner workings of an American jury trial through the eyes of one particular juror, Ronald Gladden. Gladden is unaware the entire case is fake, everyone except him is an actor and everything that happens — inside the courtroom and out — is carefully planned.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

For Emmy voters, shows like HBO’s The Rehearsal, Peacock’s Paul T. Goldman and Freevee’s Jury Duty present a very specific challenge: What are they? Reality? Comedy? Limited? Variety? But for viewers, shows like The Rehearsal, Paul T. Goldman and Jury Duty present a very different and far more complicated dilemma: Are they ethical? Are they exploitative? If they’re funny, why are they funny? If they’re provocative, what do they provoke? There’s a built-in friction that comes from watching these shows, which could be either part of the pleasure or part of the polarizing disconnect; one person’s brilliant subversion of conventions could be another person’s reinforcement of traditional power structures.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I thought this was great but I also work in a courthouse so I may be the target audience. If they truly did keep the guy fooled and that isn't all bullshit, that alone was an impressive feat.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
All of these shows are fake. I think they're even making a new Joe Schmo

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I thought this was great but I also work in a courthouse so I may be the target audience. If they truly did keep the guy fooled and that isn't all bullshit, that alone was an impressive feat.

1686215295443.png

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Holy shit. I found a bunch of AIM messages between my wife and I when we first started dating. Apparently it was right when Joe Schmo came out, and I made lots of jokes about it.

Hopefully it comes out soon. Would be a perfect 20th anniversary present.

Anyway, no Pauly Shore? No care.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

I liked it too. I was a bit disappointed when they did the soaking thing. If that had been me, I would have been like "Of course I know about soaking. Mormon or Amish? Sit down noah, lets talk about the poophole loophole" I wonder what they were going to do if the dude agreed to go jump on the bed.

I'm not 100% sure they kept him fooled. The last episode they said he was chosen from people who tried out for the role. But that he thought he was doing a real documentary on the jury process.

I fucking loved Joe Schmo. I wouldn't be surprised if that one was real. I also loved Joe Millionaire where they told a buncha gold digging cunts they were going after a millionaire and he was banging at least one every night. Basically, the only realty shows I like are when they're punking someone.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm not 100% sure they kept him fooled. The last episode they said he was chosen from people who tried out for the role. But that he thought he was doing a real documentary on the jury process.
I think this is a pretty common ruse to explain away any production implements you might see even if they try to hide it. Mics, cameras, producers, a bunch of random staff that don't belong. If anyone ever tells you they're filming a documentary, watch out, lol.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I think this is a pretty common ruse to explain away any production implements you might see even if they try to hide it. Mics, cameras, producers, a bunch of random staff that don't belong. If anyone ever tells you they're filming a documentary, watch out, lol.

Filming a documentary is the line I used to use to convince girls to let me film during sex. That makes the nudity tasteful.

But in this case, it was obvious he knew they were filming, they had the confessional moments and the producers asking questions directly on camera. My point is that even though I couldn't tell exactly when, he had to have figured it out at some point. I saw it on his face in the final behind the scenes episode.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database