Qhue

Tranny Chaser
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: KAOS

Genre: Comedy, Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Drama

First aired: 2024-08-29

Creator: Charlie Covell

Cast: Jeff Goldblum

Overview: As discord reigns on Mount Olympus and almighty Zeus spirals into paranoia, three mortals are destined to reshape the future of humankind.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I've always liked high-concept retelling of classic Greek mythology. I started to watch and enjoyed it enough to hold off and watch with people later.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
American Gods should have been awesome but Starz ruined that novel

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This is peak Netflix woke garbage. Every character is in an interracial relationship and most of the men are gay or trans. Dunno how they talked Goldblum into this.

• 1Barf
  • 1Seriously?

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Every character is in an interracial relationship and most of the men are gay or trans.

In fairness, given actual Greek mythology you should consider yourself lucky that they aren't all in trans-inter-species relationships. Zeus repeatedly shapeshifted into other gods/people/animals to get laid, including changing genders.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
In fairness, given actual Greek mythology you should consider yourself lucky that they aren't all in trans-inter-species relationships. Zeus repeatedly shapeshifted into other gods/people/animals to get laid, including changing genders.
Greeks are goddamn degenerates.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Ya, I was about to say. Zeus was the king of "I am going to fuck everything on Earth and I am going to do it disguised as everything on Earth". That was part of the reason why Hera was always pissed at him.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
so in this do the greek gods exist in the modern world and people know about them but what about other gods? Like do they ever bring up Allah? lol

Percy Jackson had similar vibe but the gods were more or less apart from the world, didn't really interact with it much, humans didn't know about them, and they had their own "parallel" world where they did shit but mostly left behind their half-human children to survive while staying on Olympus.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
So far no complaints, it's about what I expected.

Side note: If you do audible, I recommend Stephen Fry narrating his "Mythos" series of books. I learned more than I thought I knew about those crazy gods, Greeks, and legends.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
So Close Nbc 90Th Special GIF by NBC

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Not quite finished, but I enjoyed it so far.
Pretty good modern retelling of myths (if I recall), and if it renews interest in Mythology that can't be all bad.

spronk

FPS noob
so in this do the greek gods exist in the modern world and people know about them but what about other gods? Like do they ever bring up Allah? lol

to answer my own question, in the world of Kaos other religions never came around, the entire world seems to still worship the Greek gods and modern religious rituals just are slightly morphed. So there are buildings that look like churches but they worship the Greek gods and instead of Catholic confession you confess to mute priestesses while secretly Hera hears your confessions and that "powers" her. Only see Krete in episode 1 so dunno whats going on in Allah and Hindu worlds.

I only watched episode 1 and it was kinda boring, if you are SUPER into Greek mythology it might be a bit more interesting since the story seems centered around Orpheus and Eurydice who are "modern" humans living in Crete where everyone speaks English i guess.

Most of the people seem to really believe in the Gods like they would have 2500 years ago but there are Trojans who hate the Greek gods or something? I dunno it was kinda goofy, the whole religious part.

I didn't find the show super woke but instead it just feels very written by 20-something women. For example the main character, Eurydice, is the muse for Orpheus who is basically a rock star. He loves her deeply, dedicates everything to her, yadda yadda, doesn't seem to be cheating on her, and is basically just a rich guy. So whats the modern take? She is bored of him, she thinks she doesn't love him anymore. Thats it. We don't see what she may want in life, what she'd rather be doing, anything at all just that her "perfect life" is boring and she hates being loved. lol.

This is written for single women who are jealous of couples, and secretly think all married women want to be single. Its a chick show like Twilight, Bridgerton, etc just with a Greek mythology wrapper. I doubt i'll watch anymore, I don't hate it or anything if chicks wanna write shows for other chicks thats fine, just let dudes have their Jack Ryan, Reachers and Slow Horses and don't fuck that shit up with your stupid single white female shit.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database