Kodi and addons

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
I bought a Firestick a couple months ago and followed a pretty simple youtube video on setting up Kodi and the addon Exodus. I got access to quite a bit, but I hear there are more addons to make it even awesomer. Anybody getting into this? I'm considering putting together like a RaspberryPI little HTPC.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Exodus is weak for Live TV. I've occasionally used Goodfellas for that.

I don't have an app I like for it, just something to tide me over. I want to be able to get local news, national news, and weather easily. As it is I just whip out my phone for the last bit, use goodfellas for national news, and nothing for local news.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
I've tried sportsdevil to limited success. If you can somehow manage to install AceStreams and then connect to them through sports devil, you can get great quality stuff. I just found it all to be really finicky, the workflow (if you will) are all limited success. There used to be a different one called "Pro Sport", but development for that app has stopped as of 2016. Best of luck and if you find a good one, let me know.

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
There's an app called NewsOn which is supposed to give access to local news channels. I haven't tried it, but it's an option.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I tried out pretty much all of the free ones. Exodus is the only one worth a shit. The live tv ones all go down after a month or two then you gotta hunt for a new one. It's easier to use Exodus and watch stuff after it airs.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can anyone recommend an interface for kodi/exodus? I use it on a PC and I hate how unintuitive and click intensive the default is, and the search doesn't seem to work at all.
I'd prefer to just scroll though a list and double whatever I want to watch, preferably with MPC-HC player.

loudgas

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Kodi doesn't work that way, Kodi IS the media player, you can configure it to play automatically but you may not get the best results making it fully automatic.

Exodus seldom works for me these days, been getting consistent behavior from "Specto Fork".

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Kodi doesn't work that way, Kodi IS the media player, you can configure it to play automatically but you may not get the best results making it fully automatic.

Exodus seldom works for me these days, been getting consistent behavior from "Specto Fork".
I had to update Kodi from Jarvis to Krypton to get Exodus to work again, it crapped out most of February for me.

loudgas

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Thanks, is there an option to switch the interface back to the old version?

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Added fusion, and when I went to install from the repo saw a folder for start here first, was an install for Indigo, installed it and it put all the major Repos on there.
Added USTVNOW with a free account. Still missing some of the live sports... Its good, if you're use to having access to Torrents and hunting down streams there's nothing new here, except it works as a pretty solid aggregate with a decent interface. Thinking of giving one to my parents as a present, since it seems easy to navigate.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Only issue I've found is the absolute cluster fuck trying to have Ace Streams work for sports.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
A couple weeks back the Kodi crawl on the splash page had a news link, I went and read it. They said the original dev of Exodus retired and the tvaddons community is trying to pick up the slack, they claim they are going to add a bunch of cool stuff, I hope they can keep on top of it, if Exodus dies its gonna be a rough time.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
A couple weeks back the Kodi crawl on the splash page had a news link, I went and read it. They said the original dev of Exodus retired and the tvaddons community is trying to pick up the slack, they claim they are going to add a bunch of cool stuff, I hope they can keep on top of it, if Exodus dies its gonna be a rough time.
No joke, i have finally gotten used to watching my TV shows on Exodus after getting rid of comcast...

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user