Last Week Tonight with John Oliver

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
1.00 star(s) Rating: 1.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver

Genre: Talk, Comedy

First aired: 2014-04-27

Creator: John Oliver

Cast: John Oliver, David Kaye

Overview: A half-hour satirical look at the week in news, politics and current events.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The Daily Show is starting to become a launchpad for other shows.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It was very funny. But it really was just The Daily Show with swearing and without commercials. Still, he's good at the job and I'll watch it every week.

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
I was a bit disappointed by the first episode myself. If you pay attention to the news daily, then the show seems like a full on re-run. This seems to be targeted at folks that cannot check in on the news daily, and want exactly what the title states...."Last Week Tonight"

Also, the comparison to Real Time is a pretty far stretch IMO. The mass satire approach by John Oliver's show leaves alot to be desired if your after conversation regarding each topic.

I dunno...I am a john Oliver fan, but I think he misses what I hoped the show was going to be.

Jarnin_sl

shitlord
It was their first show. It'll be refined and change over time. I've been watching Real Time since it started on HBO, and that show has changed quite a bit over the last 10 years.

I did like that it's longer than TDS, since there are no commercials. I also liked that it's not censored. The jokes they'll be able to get away with on HBO compared to Comedy Central should help to make it something different.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. A little too political and a little too dirty for the sake of being dirty IMO. Hopefully it will catch it's stride.

faille

Molten Core Raider

Lol@ at the President of the United States of Australia.
It must suck to have him the leader of a country!

spronk

FPS noob
australia is just 8 years behind america, next time they will elect a black guy

Cybsled

Ya, he summarized quick accurately the complete cocksucking bullshit that was that FCC ruling.

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
Anybody know if there was an episode last night, would have been #8, one after Steven Hawking's visit.

Baghwan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Seems like warez groups forgot about this week, only now hit usenet, it's out there now.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database