Lego Fortnite

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Epic is in the process of transitioning Fortnite from a battle royale game to an entire platform/IP/ecosystem. They've just released today Lego Fortnite, which is a crafting survival game in the vein of Minecraft, or perhaps closer to Valheim. I've played for a few minutes so far with my kids and it seems very pretty and well-polished. Looks worth a spin if you have kids, are a fan of the genre and aren't such an edgelord that a 10+ age range is tolerable.

Edit: They're also doing the same thing with a Rocket League variant.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 5 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I heard this was incredibly good, actually. Too bad there's no PvP.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Epic is in the process of transitioning Fortnite from a battle royale game to an entire platform/IP/ecosystem. They've just released today Lego Fortnite, which is a crafting survival game in the vein of Minecraft, or perhaps closer to Valheim. I've played for a few minutes so far with my kids and it seems very pretty and well-polished. Looks worth a spin if have kids, are a fan of the genre and aren't such an edgelord that a 10+ age range is tolerable.

Edit: They're also doing the same thing with a Rocket League variant.
Can you play it not with the epic launcher?

A we shucks guess I gotta skip this too

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
It's a mode within Fortnite, so yeah, Epic launcher required. Can play it on any platform that Fortnite is available on too, so phones, mobile, etc.

Game is really nice looking with DX12, nanite, lumen, etc. Typical survival mode w/ hunger, tiers of materials, etc. Kinda interested in how far they go with it, if it'll just be available forever and expanded on every season, or what.

Over 2.4m people were playing it at points today (more than all other modes combined), they server issues as a result.

1701998982664.png

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I tried playing this earlier but the login servers were busticated. Def trying this again later, it looks pretty neat.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Put in another hour with my kids. It's heavy on building/crafting and light on survival so far, but that's not surprising given the IP and target audience. We're having fun.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Can you split screen this on console?
Cannot which is disappointing.. still having a lot of fun playing with my son but one of us has to use the switch handheld while the other gets the big tv ps5.
Great game mode..

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user