Lexx

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Ya, Exposure was kind of cool. Sort of a Liquid Televsion, but for Scifi stuff
Yeah remember watching this particular video or short film on there, and that's always stuck with me over the years. For some reason I think it was because of the music. It's really good and it's worth your time. Probably very apropos to our current date and age.

Thanks for making me remember and revisiting it.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Im unsure if my fond memories of the show are based purely on the fact that, like @Juvarisx said, its rated R and the content was sexually mature... or if it was actually an intriguing show. I rarely watched the show because I think it came on at 11 and I was a 6am kind of kid up until 2001'ish when I went overboard with EverQuest. It has 61 episodes, so I cant imagine its that deeply rooted in nostalgia, but it sure as fuck aged poorly.

I used to really like "Sliders" too and couldnt make it past a few episodes of that 4-5 years ago. Sea Quest was another one that I loved the shit out of.
maybe you just liked dsv cuz it was the only thing to watch at 8pm on a fucking sunday
c7a8b980f7acc2426280570015902772.png

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
He just remembered seeing Jonathan Brandis in a dress in Ladybugs and couldn’t help himself.

Lexx really was amazing. Kai was a great character and there were some cool story arcs. The whole planet of fire and planet of water stuff. Hell you get Tim Curry in “Episode 2.”

All of the comparisons seem fair. Farscape, Red Dwarf, etc. Y’all gonna make me do a rewatch.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Tripping the Rift was some 3d animated show on Syfy. I never watched it really, though

I remember both tripping the rift and lexx. I didn't like lexx but I liked TTR even though I saw TTR as an animated version of Lexx. Now that I know lexx was supposed to have nudity I think I know why I didn't like it. I'll have to find the original version and give it another go.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I remember both tripping the rift and lexx. I didn't like lexx but I liked TTR even though I saw TTR as an animated version of Lexx. Now that I know lexx was supposed to have nudity I think I know why I didn't like it. I'll have to find the original version and give it another go.
I think only the very first season or original movies that were on Showtime or whatever had nudity. Once they got picked up by Syfy, that all got scrapped, but I remember the episode where the main chick changes, and they blurred out her boobs on the channel.

Cybsled

They had 2 Zevs

Original in season 1 was this actress, Eva Habermann

1707350263985.jpeg

Then they recast her with Xenia Seeberg really early in season 2 after the character died. The resurrected character was named Xev and played the character for the rest of the show's run

1707350342001.jpeg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Siliconemelons

And odd funny thing: Tripping the Rift and Adventure Time, for me… I only knew of and watched their “pilot” shorts - and never really paid attention to them or anything then a few years later people start talking about it.

my only frame of reference is the “pilot” and don’t even know they became shows, so I am like “oh yeah I know that” then I am like really confused lol like, what?

bolok

Trakanon Raider
I completely forgot the first season actress. Lexx is a secret guilty pleasure of mine tho. Late low budget night sci-fi weirdness. Big fan.