Life (2017)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Inque

FunEmployed
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Life

Genre: Thriller, Science Fiction

Director: Daniel Espinosa

Cast: Jake Gyllenhaal, Rebecca Ferguson, Ryan Reynolds, Hiroyuki Sanada, Ariyon Bakare, Olga Dihovichnaya, Alexandre Nguyen, Hiu Woong-Sin, Camiel Warren-Taylor, Naoko Mori, Elizabeth Vargas, David Muir, Allen McLean, Jesus Del Orden, Haruka Kuroda

Release: 2017-05-26

Plot: The six-member crew of the International Space Station is tasked with studying a sample from Mars that may be the first proof of extra-terrestrial life, which proves more intelligent than ever expected.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Inque

FunEmployed
Appears to be a tribute to Alien, which would be all the more awesome but too early to tell.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
looks interesting....best Alien movie in 2017 for sure
This trailer is similar to Alien's...didn't show the "creature", you don't know what the hell is going on. but that everything went to shit.
Will watch

Last edited:

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
[CONTAINER][POSTER]
c02QN2QYXwDbkBDRLgwx0lF1isg.jpg
[/POSTER][MOVIE]Title: Life (2017)

Tagline: Be careful what you search for

Genre: [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Daniel Espinosa[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Jake Gyllenhaal[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Rebecca Ferguson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ryan Reynolds[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Hiroyuki Sanada[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ariyon Bakare[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Alexandre Nguyen[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Olga Dihovichnaya[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2017-03-23[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: The six-member crew of the International Space Station is tasked with studying a sample from Mars that may be the first proof of extra-terrestrial life, which proves more intelligent than ever expected.[/MOVIE][/CONTAINER]

I'm I the theater about to watch Passengers, and this trailer came on. I'm interested.

Last edited:

Oldbased

> Than U
Seen the ad several times tonight. What is this movie about other than autistic screeching the trailer was on tv?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Seen the ad several times tonight. What is this movie about other than autistic screeching the trailer was on tv?
Rock comes back from Mars to the space station. It has life on it which evolves and starts killing them and trying to get to Earth. They have to stop it and/or survive.

Basically it is Alien with a twist.

Oldbased

> Than U
Rock comes back from Mars to the space station. It has life on it which evolves and starts killing them and trying to get to Earth. They have to stop it and/or survive.

Basically it is Alien with a twist.
What was that movie in the past about the rock creatures on Mars. I'm thinking there was 2 actually. One was very old like 50s and another I guess 10-20 years ago. They scurried around like crabs but with a rock appearance/turtle ability like.
Edit- Found them
Apollo 18 was the newer one.
The older one was either The Angry Red Planet or It! The Terror From Beyond Space

Last edited:

Haka

N00b
I love sci-fi but this movie looks boring. Not an original concept... from the trailer it looks like it just have could been set in a lab on earth.

Hope I'm wrong

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looks like an actual Alien movie. That will be fun, we haven't had a real one in decades.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I love sci-fi but this movie looks boring. Not an original concept... from the trailer it looks like it just have could been set in a lab on earth.

Hope I'm wrong

While watching the trailer I got a The Thing (1982) vibe. Like it's going to turn out one of them is infected and they want to abandon the station but they don't know which one is the alien-host. Flames will be used in some way that is disastrous for the limited oxygen supply of the station, and they will have to abandon ship.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I don't even know what to think...

Is 'Life' a Prequel to Sony's 'Spider-Man' Spinoff, 'Venom'?! - Bloody Disgusting!

Is Sony’s Columbia Pictures puling one of the biggest coups in the history of cinema?

I just unloaded all of my webbing at this new fan theory that’s too good to be true, yet is surprisingly believable.

Is Life, in theaters March 24th, a prequel to the long gestured Spider-Man spinoff, Venom?!

The first piece of evidence is pretty simple; all three films/franchises are released through Columbia Pictures, not just Sony.

The second clue is that just yesterday, out of the blue, Venom was given an official release date of October 5, 2018, meaning there must be secret progress behind closed doors in order to get production underway for that targeted date.

Another bit of information is that Sony contacted me directly wanting it known that Alex Kurtzman (The Mummy) was no longer attached to direct Venom.

Here’s where we start getting into the Spider-Man tie-in…

The trailer for Life carries the exact same shot from Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man 3. The villain in the 2007 sequel? Eddie Brock (Venom), played by Topher Grace!

Spider-Man 3
1-1ZGlPRO.jpg

Life
1-W4SBPcb.jpg

Yes, we’ve double checked and confirmed this is a real thing. Nearly the same footage from a 2007 movie is in a trailer for the 2017 Life. What does it mean? Could Life truly be a Venom origin story? Why not? Shared universes are all the rage now, and what a cool way to re-introduce the character, setting up a quasi-remake for next year.

Here’s where the conspiracy really gains some footing…

FilmSchoolRejects recaps it perfectly: “See, in the comics and the movie, Venom isn’t a humanoid, it’s an alien symbiote that attaches itself to a humanoid and takes them over. In the comics, the symbiote came home with Peter from the Secret Wars, and in Raimi’s film it falls to Earth on a meteor. In both cases it attaches first to Peter, turning his classic red-and-blue suit black and making him do terrible, terrible things like dance, then to Eddie Brock, who becomes Venom. Looking back on the Life trailer, said goo from Mars does appear to be some kind of adhesive symbiote capable of starting small and spreading man-sized, and the inclusion of a single crowd shot — on Earth — would seem to indicate our crew isn’t successful in destroying it.”

The site also notes that what really gives this theory legs are Reese and Wernick, the writers, who do have Marvel connections via Deadpool, and Sony, the studio behind Spider-Man 3, Life, and Venom.

With studio’s pulling the rug out from under fans being all the rage – The Woods, Split, Cloverfield – it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if this fan theory ended up being true. The writers could have easily watched an early cut of Life and suggested squeezing a connection into the film to tie-it into the franchise. But who knows? We’re probably all just having a serious case of wishful thinking.

Raimi’s Spider-Man 3 was a huge misstep, mostly because it was alleged that he was forced into including the popular character into the storyline. Raimi has gone on record that he isn’t a fan of Venom nor does he understand the character’s motivations. To put it simply, it’s a story about rejection, which Eddie Brock and the alien symbiote share in common. Their shared hatred of Peter Parker’s success fuels their hate and fuses them into one. It’ll be interesting to see how Sony plans on telling a solo Venom story if he’s the film’s protagonist. Deadpool and Logan are the best examples of the ultimate anti-hero, but what would drive a Venom story? Carnage? Whether Life is a prequel or not, I can’t wait to put Spider-Man 3′s awful effects in the rearview mirror along with other disasters like Spawn.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
holy shit. that would be amazing. I am not sure how you reconcile the fairly cartoonish Venom/spiderman with R rated horror though.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
They removed the chinese dude from Life's trailer......#chineselivesmatterforboxofficeyouknow

iannis

Musty Nester
Even as grumpycat as I am about movies, this one does look interesting.

I have faith in Jake.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I don't even know what to think...

Is 'Life' a Prequel to Sony's 'Spider-Man' Spinoff, 'Venom'?! - Bloody Disgusting!

Is Sony’s Columbia Pictures puling one of the biggest coups in the history of cinema?

I just unloaded all of my webbing at this new fan theory that’s too good to be true, yet is surprisingly believable.

Is Life, in theaters March 24th, a prequel to the long gestured Spider-Man spinoff, Venom?!

The first piece of evidence is pretty simple; all three films/franchises are released through Columbia Pictures, not just Sony.

The second clue is that just yesterday, out of the blue, Venom was given an official release date of October 5, 2018, meaning there must be secret progress behind closed doors in order to get production underway for that targeted date.

Another bit of information is that Sony contacted me directly wanting it known that Alex Kurtzman (The Mummy) was no longer attached to direct Venom.

Here’s where we start getting into the Spider-Man tie-in…

The trailer for Life carries the exact same shot from Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man 3. The villain in the 2007 sequel? Eddie Brock (Venom), played by Topher Grace!

Spider-Man 3
View attachment 126925

Life
View attachment 126926

Yes, we’ve double checked and confirmed this is a real thing. Nearly the same footage from a 2007 movie is in a trailer for the 2017 Life. What does it mean? Could Life truly be a Venom origin story? Why not? Shared universes are all the rage now, and what a cool way to re-introduce the character, setting up a quasi-remake for next year.

Here’s where the conspiracy really gains some footing…

FilmSchoolRejects recaps it perfectly: “See, in the comics and the movie, Venom isn’t a humanoid, it’s an alien symbiote that attaches itself to a humanoid and takes them over. In the comics, the symbiote came home with Peter from the Secret Wars, and in Raimi’s film it falls to Earth on a meteor. In both cases it attaches first to Peter, turning his classic red-and-blue suit black and making him do terrible, terrible things like dance, then to Eddie Brock, who becomes Venom. Looking back on the Life trailer, said goo from Mars does appear to be some kind of adhesive symbiote capable of starting small and spreading man-sized, and the inclusion of a single crowd shot — on Earth — would seem to indicate our crew isn’t successful in destroying it.”

The site also notes that what really gives this theory legs are Reese and Wernick, the writers, who do have Marvel connections via Deadpool, and Sony, the studio behind Spider-Man 3, Life, and Venom.

With studio’s pulling the rug out from under fans being all the rage – The Woods, Split, Cloverfield – it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if this fan theory ended up being true. The writers could have easily watched an early cut of Life and suggested squeezing a connection into the film to tie-it into the franchise. But who knows? We’re probably all just having a serious case of wishful thinking.

Raimi’s Spider-Man 3 was a huge misstep, mostly because it was alleged that he was forced into including the popular character into the storyline. Raimi has gone on record that he isn’t a fan of Venom nor does he understand the character’s motivations. To put it simply, it’s a story about rejection, which Eddie Brock and the alien symbiote share in common. Their shared hatred of Peter Parker’s success fuels their hate and fuses them into one. It’ll be interesting to see how Sony plans on telling a solo Venom story if he’s the film’s protagonist. Deadpool and Logan are the best examples of the ultimate anti-hero, but what would drive a Venom story? Carnage? Whether Life is a prequel or not, I can’t wait to put Spider-Man 3′s awful effects in the rearview mirror along with other disasters like Spawn.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3428695/breaking-life-not-venom/

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That fan theory is bad ass an hopefully its true but I highly doubt sony is that smart and would allow it

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database