Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Oldbased

> Than U
4.43 star(s) Rating: 4.43/5 7 Votes
Title: Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

Tagline: What a Lovely Day.

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction, Thriller

Director: George Miller

Cast: Tom Hardy, Charlize Theron, Nicholas Hoult, Hugh Keays-Byrne, Josh Helman, Nathan Jones, Zoë Kravitz, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Riley Keough, Abbey Lee, Courtney Eaton, John Howard, Richard Carter, Iota, Angus Sampson, Jennifer Hagan, Megan Gale, Melissa Jaffer, Melita Jurišić, Gillian Jones, Joy Smithers, Antoinette Kellerman, Christina Koch, Jon Iles, Quentin Kenihan, Coco Jack Gillies, Chris Patton, Stephen Dunlevy, Richard Norton, Vince Roxburgh, John Walton, Ben Smith-Petersen, Russ McCarroll, Judd Wild, Elizabeth Cunico, Greg Van Borssum, Rob Jones, Sebastian Dickins, Darren Mitchell, Crusoe Kurddal, Shyan Tonga, Cass Comerford, Albert Lee, Riley Paton, Ripley Voeten, Riley Paton, Maycn Van Borssum, Hunter Stratton Boland, Nathan Jenkins, Fletcher Gill, Whiley Toll, Ferdinand Hengombe, Gadaffi Davsab, Noddy Alfred, Jackson Hengombe, Christian Fane, Callum Gallagher, Abel Hofflin, Lee Perry, Hiroshi Kasuga

Release: 2015-05-13

Runtime: 120

Plot: An apocalyptic story set in the furthest reaches of our planet, in a stark desert landscape where humanity is broken, and most everyone is crazed fighting for the necessities of life. Within this world exist two rebels on the run who just might be able to restore order. There's Max, a man of action and a man of few words, who seeks peace of mind following the loss of his wife and child in the aftermath of the chaos. And Furiosa, a woman of action and a woman who believes her path to survival may be achieved if she can make it across the desert back to her childhood homeland.

Siliconemelons

I loved all the mad max movies, more power to them getting this thing going for the...4th? time lol

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the original mad max was kinda bad. road warrior is one of my favorite films of all time. just posting about it makes me want to watch it again, and ive already seen it a few dozen times. thunderdome is alright. seen that maybe 3 or 4 times and it hasnt improved with time.

ill be interested in a new mad max as long as they arent trying to remake the awesomesauce of road warrior and mel gibson reprises his old role, albeit a much older version.

Oldbased

> Than U
Saddly from what I gather it is a remake of Road Warrior in a sense. It is more what happens at the end of Road Warrior from my understanding and about getting the hell out of there. We only saw Mels side of the escape, I think this is about the other side of it.

I agree first was kind of bad, but considering budget it was tolerable and breaking into new ground. There was no excuse for Thunderdome though. It had a budget but a WTF story line.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
as long as they arent making a road warrior clone because its been 30 years and they think the original needs to be updated. im willing to give this other POV after road warrior a try. because road warrior ends with the little mongrel boy growing up with the others in the gasoline fumed bus as they settle a new area. the mongrel grows up and eventually becomes their leader. but the end narration of RW also says they never see the road warrior again. there is a movie there so they can pull that off, i wont tolerate retconning RW though. that movie was the definition of lightning in a bottle.

Siliconemelons

madmax 1 was right before the apocalypse and it happens afterward while he is wondering the wastelands, then we go into 2/road warrior.

thunderdome I liked, but I liked the kid part of the story, really it could and maybe should have been two separate things and movies, the kid stuff and the bartertown stuff.

thunderdomes end chase felt very forced as a redo of roadwarrior, obviously. So that leads to, what 'is' mad max? Many say that final chase/fight in RW is what makes it, so it makes since to have 'something close to it' in the rest.. Some say its the character...but how will they handle that? And some feel its just the atmosphere and cars... I mean really MM1 was basically a renegade cop movie with what I can only assume as prevalent in Australia, gay biker gangs.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I can fap to this.

Hope they don't fuck it up.

Fedor

<Banned>
2V6hp.jpg

VzXH7.jpg

2V6hp.jpg

VzXH7.jpg

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I will approach this movie with caution. Mad Max II (Road warrior) is an absolute perfection of a movie. But then thunderdome was a step back, still had some good stuff but too much of a miss match of ideas, bartertown and then the kiddies at the waterhole. Both things had potential but never got explored / expanded on as much as they could have. The kids section was probably the better of the two. The Bartertown section suffered from a few things - namely casting a few non-actors to play important roles. Tina Turner ( who did sort of okay ) but then Angry Anderson ( short bald tattooed guy who was the main nemisis to Max ) is just a non-actor and standing with your arms crossed holding a smug expression does not make a strong character.

Angry Anderson for those outside Australia,who mightn't know ,had been a lead singer of a decently successful Australian band - Rose Tattoo. One of their most well known song is currently being used on a TV ad for a fast food chain burger - yeah.

And why was Bruce Spence back in the movie, but not as the same character, gyro-captain??

Also there's a weird bit I just remembered when in Bartertown at night we see Tina's raised living area and as the camera does a floating move through it we can hear a saxophone playing. So you think it's score. But no we see that there's one of the mohawk, muscled tough guys is in the room playing saxophone. Wierd!

And this (Fury road) has been a decade or so in pre-production / development hell. Which usually isn't a good sign. But we'll see how it is, has the original director which is good news. At the end of the day, an okay Mad Max movie will be better than most other movies {whatever I'm trying to say}

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
I imagine this being a documentary of Mel Gibson just running over a bunch of Jews in a monster truck.

Siliconemelons

Beyond Thunderdome should have been- MM3 Thunderdome and left on a nice wrapup semi cliffhanger with all the bartertown stuff- THEN moved into MM4 Beyond Thunderdome and done the kids stuff- each had a good story to tell but it was a little messy to do both.

The new movie...just based on the fact that there is a chick standing there with him...gives me little hope

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database