Marauders (2016)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Marauders

Tagline: The rich will pay

Genre: Action, Crime, Thriller

Director: Steven C. Miller

Cast: Bruce Willis, Dave Bautista, Christopher Meloni, Danny A. Abeckaser, Lydia Hull, Tyler Jon Olson, Christopher Rob Bowen, Johnathon Schaech, Adrian Grenier, Richie Chance, Texas Battle, Tara Holt, Alyshia Ochse, Carolyn Alise, Kristen Rae Myers, Michael Urriquia, David Gordon, Ryan O'Nan, Joe Gelchion, John Dauer, Alora Catherine Smith, Charlotte Kirk, Jesse Pruett, Derek DuChesne, Kayla Perkins, Samantha Russell

Release: 2016-07-01

Runtime: 107

Plot: An untraceable group of elite bank robbers is chased by a suicidal FBI agent who uncovers a deeper purpose behind the robbery-homicides.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yet another example of why critics should be 100% disregarded in the action genre without exception.

Theatrical-release quality acting.
Theatrical-release quality dialogue.
Theatrical-release quality cuts and direction.

Solid plot twists and character development.

Story: Who gives a shit. Its Chris fucking Meloni, Bruce Willis, and Johnathon Schaech. Along with Adrian Grenier and Dave Bautista getting some more well-deserved shine.

So, any super negative hypercritical people that can go watch this for me and explain what put the bug up the critics ass? Please, I'm lost!

Last edited:

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I totally missed this one, it looks like my kind of thing. The angry endorsement above seals it :p

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Looks like a movie I'd want to watch anyway, thanks for the heads up. Will try to check it out this weekend. If I can fit it in between all my vaccinations :p (Just trying to be supernegative and hypocritical!)

spronk

FPS noob
on a scale of Die Hard 1 to GI Joe: Retaliation, how much does Bruce Willis just give no fucks and sleep walks through all his scenes

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
on a scale of Die Hard 1 to GI Joe: Retaliation, how much does Bruce Willis just give no fucks and sleep walks through all his scenes

Well fortunately for you then, the biggest criticism (from those without sticks up their ass while watching an action flick) was that Willis was underutilized. Because I guess if Bruce Willis is in the movie everyone knows the movie should revolve around his every blank stare right.

He is in a supporting role, playing a George Soros clone. Comes across as a pretty believable sharkish bank owning asshole.

Last edited:

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Watched it this weekend, and I enjoyed it. I would give it a solid 6/10, which on my scale means a decent, fun watch. Not something I'd run out and tell everyone else to watch, but I would suggest they might enjoy it when they are looking for something in that vein. It was a good heist/investigative-type movie (Bautista was criminally underused though), although my one complaint would be that it didn't have a super-compelling plot. It all made sense, and I got where they were going with it, but until the final act it sort of seemed like they were just connecting dots for us. I can't really put my finger on it, but just a little something was lacking to really bring it up another point or two.

Christopher Meloni was fucking fantastic, as always. I mean, it wasn't much of a departure from what I imagine he is like on Law & Order (I don't watch), but he's pretty much perfect as someone in charge of investigating crimes. If I were making a movie like this, he'd be near the top of my list.

I liked the movie, I just wasn't blown away by it. I certainly wouldn't pan it at all like the critics apparently did though.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database