Marvel's Luke Cage

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I tried to watch this show but found it frustrating because all of the black people look the same to me. Just being honest.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Gave up on episode 10.

5 minutes of awesome shocks and 55 minutes of boring political dialogue every episode. What the fuck?

Misty Knight must be the worst cop and worst character in a TV show ever. She stares at a wall for 5 minutes and nothing happens... WHY.

They couldn't deal with invulnerability ruining any tension so they just wrote excuse after excuse to keep Luke off screen rather than have him break out of stuff like concrete boots every episode. Seriously, show creative ways the bad guys use to take him out. Not "oh bullets didn't work in the first 8 episodes, let's upgrade the bullets then".

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Finally got arount to this since JJ turned me off from watching any more of the Marvel shows. I havent seen Season 2 of DD but this was much better than Jessica Jones and slightly better than Daredevil. Should never have killed off great characters like Cottonmouth or Pops so early.

Jessica Jones was awful and only held up by Tennant. These shows are close to being fantastic but keep coming up short in certain areas. Rosario seems to be the only female character in all of these shows that isnt written as a retard

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
See, I'm the other way completely. I think Jessica was probably my favorite Netflix series, just because it had the best villain. Possibly the best of ALL marvel properties up to this point. He was great. I liked the show as a whole as well. It was more psychological than the other ones.

Luke Cage was probably my least favorite, because there wasn't really much you can do with a guy that's invulnerable, than magic bullets.
Daredevil is great action.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Jessica Jones had a great villain if you ignore the silliness of how his powers worked in the show.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

See, I'm the other way completely. I think Jessica was probably my favorite Netflix series, just because it had the best villain. Possibly the best of ALL marvel properties up to this point. He was great. I liked the show as a whole as well. It was more psychological than the other ones.

Luke Cage was probably my least favorite, because there wasn't really much you can do with a guy that's invulnerable, than magic bullets.
Daredevil is great action.

Cage is hardly invulnerable, they even mentioned drowning, poison, whiplash with his brain. Jessica Jones was girls making dumb decisions every two minutes while letting a guy get away with killing tons of people and his powers made no fucking sense when they revealed it was a toxin coming from his body but he was able to control people through TV and Radio. The shit with getting the girl proven innocent in prison even though the cops knew there was a guy running around controlling people was really fucking terrible

Last edited:

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I am really into the noir style and so was really pumped for Jessica Jones when it was released. It started out really strong and became garbage in the middle. It really needed to be 3-5 episodes shorter or it needed to have a lot more to do. I thought the villain was terrifying and they should have used him better to fill in intrigue if the show wasn't going to be made shorter. I expected it to be my favorite of the Netflix Marvel series but it's my least.

So I had put off watching Luke Cage until last week. I thought it was great. It was a better story over all, tighter with better use of side characters and villains.

Season 2 of Daredevil is my favorite but the Electra stuff was my least favorite part of it.

• 1Like

Homsar

The other thing odd was building up Cottonmouths history and childhood and then killing him off instantly after

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
There were about 15 minutes of awesome scattered throughout the entire season. This was nowhere near as good as the awesome JJ, but far better than the unwatchable Daredevil.

My reaction to almost every character in this show was "who is this person, and why do I care?"

The explanation for the villian in JJ was the only thing that bothered me about the show, and I can ignore one detail like that.
Jessica Jones was girls making dumb decisions every two minutes
What do you think would happen if we gave women superpowers? Cmon.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I watched this over the last few days, and I really enjoyed it. I loved the super-blaxploitation vibe that ran through the whole thing, it was a neat homage I thought and really the best way to do Luke Cage.

For what it was, I thought it was well done.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Rewatched Civil War and I'm thinking Diamondback's suit was the same one as the mini boss in Cap. America's opening scenes.

Homsar

Really need to watch S2 of DD

defenders-224544.jpg

Cybsled

Season 2 of DD is worth it just for the Punisher. Hard R ultra violent depiction of him ;p

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Actually looks pretty good. Still gonna wait for reviews before watching it though after the disasters that were Iron Fist, Defenders and JJ S2.

Was this Reg E Cathey's final role?