Marvel's The Inhumans

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
it looks like we can forget about the Inhumans moving joining the Phase Four line-up, as Marvel and ABC have officially announced The Inhumans TV show, which will premiere exclusively in IMAX theaters next summer before launching as a weekly series on ABC.

The official Marvel site reports that a version of the first two episodes, shot entirely with IMAX digital cameras, will run for two weeks in IMAX cinemas at the start of September 2017, and 'will explore the never-before-told epic adventure of Black Bolt and the royal family.'

Marvel, ABC Set 'The Inhumans' TV Series
(This is a real article, not what I posted above)

no-poster-l.png

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I wonder what kind of budget they're going to have for this. I don't know much about the inhumans, but it seems like a group of characters (the royal family, at least) that would require some pretty hefty special effects in order to do them well. Aren't a lot of them kind of weird looking or have weird powers (again, lots of CG)?

I didn't/don't like the inhumans stuff on Agents of Shield because they're all super lame.

• 2Like

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
I wonder what kind of budget they're going to have for this. I don't know much about the inhumans, but it seems like a group of characters (the royal family, at least) that would require some pretty hefty special effects in order to do them well. Aren't a lot of them kind of weird looking or have weird powers (again, lots of CG)?

I didn't/don't like the inhumans stuff on Agents of Shield because they're all super lame.

Agree with this. I never really read the comics so I am not sure what kind of CGI budget they would need. but I assume it would take lots of money to make this show look good. And if they do have a big budget, why even spend that on a D-tier team like inhumans, put that money into some show/team that people(me) care about.

Actually the only good thing I see about this show is that I don't care about in-humans at all, so I wont nerd-rage if they change a bunch of shit from the comics.

plz make blackbolt an angsty black teenager who's life dream is to be a spoken-word poet, or rapper.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Looks like they've cast Hell On Wheel's Anson Mount to play Black Bolt.

• 2Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
They cast a white guy to play a white superhero? Racists.

I'm sure they'll redeem themselves by casting a short black man as Medusa.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I will watch all of this just because they didn't leave out Lockjaw.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>

Yes, there are 2 or 3 that are going to be big resource hogs to do the effects for just using their everyday abilities. Inhumans is a pretty cool comic series but they did bore it up on agents of shield. This has a lot of promise

• 1Like

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Yes, there are 2 or 3 that are going to be big resource hogs to do the effects for just using their everyday abilities. Inhumans is a pretty cool comic series but they did bore it up on agents of shield. This has a lot of promise
The chick they got for Medusa looks pretty good. It'll be interesting to see how they handle her hair. I'm getting more excited now that the main cast is fleshed out and Lockjaw is involved.

• 1Like

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Looks good to me. EW promo photos usually look shitty though. Everyone hated the Thor 3 photos, but the trailer looked awesome.

• 1Like

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
While EW promos usually look like shit the Medusa costume/wig is taking it to the next level. Everyone else is passable.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Crystal looks hot. Medusa looks scary. Will wait to see how she looks in the actual premiere. Guessing she will be hot too. Bonus points if she gives Black Bolt a hair job under a table at any point in the series.

• 2Like