May users have a personal thread in the rickshaw?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

May users have a personal thread in the rickshaw?

• Yes

Votes: 271 66.6%
  • No

Votes: 136 33.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wintermute

<Charitable Administrator>
It is a yes or no question.

Should users be allowed to have personal threads in order to maintain a place to post when they are restricted to that forum only?

You have 24 hours to vote.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I find the wording of the question/description fairly reasonable and without bias. Good job.

DickTrickle

Any chance of an unobtrusive banner or other link pointing to the poll (like the mod elections) so more people see it given the relatively small timeframe?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Any chance of an unobtrusive banner or other link pointing to the poll (like the mod elections) so more people see it given the relatively small timeframe?
JFC mountains out of molehills.

Yeah let me get a banner up for you.

Anything else you need?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

JFC mountains out of molehills.

Yeah let me get a banner up for you.

Anything else you need?

A reach around would be nice. Though maybe I can apply some ointment to your hurt butt.

I personally think all polls relating to the rules/structure of the forum should be visible in a banner, but I guess you just want the most active users to have a say.

I've already expressed my opinion, Dear Leader. Why are you asking me again?

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

DickTrickle

Ah, the martyrdom manifests again...

You could have just done nothing in the first place and the last five pages of the amod thread and this thread wouldn't exist.

I've expressed my opinion. I really have nothing more to add as it appears you have rejected my banner request. If you would like, though, I can continue with the flak until you feel appropriately persecuted.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Ah, the martyrdom manifests again...

You could have just done nothing in the first place and the last five pages of the amod thread and this thread wouldn't exist.

I've expressed my opinion. I really have nothing more to add as it appears you have rejected my banner request. If you would like, though, I can continue with the flak until you feel appropriately persecuted.
I put your banner up immediately ... .

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I mean Tuco could have banned Tanoomba from the community over on Rerolled years ago and mountains of shit shows wouldn't have existed in the first place.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Now I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not because I don't see a banner.
Who has the martyr complex now?

banner.png

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Climb down off the cross sunig, we need the wood.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I voted yes. The RR should be moderation hands off except for illegal stuff and the precedent set in this community favors personal threads in RR. Here's my recollection on the policy we had at FoH and RR:

People generally had "Personal threads" in the rickshaw. Most got sent to page 2 and beyond quickly. Some were very popular. The admins/mods didn't really had a problem with it on FoH and I thought it was a good thing to have a safe-space for shitposting and retardation. You entered the Big P thread in the rickshaw and saw shitposts? You got what you came for.

Sometime on RR, Draegan got tired of rickshawing people and seeing them do a "victory lap". Like he was a noble parent trying to correct the personality of kids and he was frustrated that when he sent the misbehaving child to their room they just played with their toys and didn't learn their lesson. Needless to say I thought it was pussy shit and said so. After this point he started fucking with the rickshaw in various ways. He got bored of this after a while and things resumed like they generally had.

Anyway, I think the rickshaw should be the most moderation hands off place on the forum. As in, only illegal stuff is moderated there. If it has a super active thread so be it. If the racist dorks on this forum want to be racist dorks there, whatever. If a vote is necessary to make the precedent set in this community true here, that's fine. I'm pretty sure most people want that.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Should we go ahead and make a poll for "should you be able to have a thread about ass that actually leads to pictures of donkeys in the rickshaw and then after it dies down start posting a lot of pictures of a banana without a peel in it"?

It's only a matter of time...

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Should we go ahead and make a poll for "should you be able to have a thread about ass that actually leads to pictures of donkeys in the rickshaw and then after it dies down start posting a lot of pictures of a banana without a peel in it"?

It's only a matter of time...
You are going to ride this horse into the ground because of your precious thread aren't you?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I'm not seeing a banner either.

Could it be, perhaps, that if we clicked off the old banner for the moderator voting, that somehow that setting isn't getting cleared out, and so new banners aren't appearing?

Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.