Megalopolis

Goatface

0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Megalopolis

Genre: Drama, Science Fiction

Director: Francis Ford Coppola

Cast: Adam Driver, Nathalie Emmanuel, Laurence Fishburne, Forest Whitaker, Jon Voight, Aubrey Plaza, Shia LaBeouf, Jason Schwartzman, Grace VanderWaal, Kathryn Hunter, James Remar

Plot: An architect wants to rebuild New York City as a utopia following a devastating disaster.

Goatface

“The fate of Rome haunts a modern world unable to solve its own social problems in this epic story of political ambition, genius, and conflicted love.”

Coppola is independently producing the movie, which is budgeted at just under $100 million.

spronk

FPS noob

"One person told me it's unreleasable. I didn't go there in my newsletter, but Kim Masters and her piece did go there. There's a scene apparently with John Voight, who apparently has an erection, 85 years old in the scene.

And he and Aubrey Plaza have an interaction that I think a lot of people in the theater were laughing at. There's a lot of other stuff that is sort of baffling. At one point during the screening, there was a live person that came up and started to have a dialogue with the screen, which apparently is like baked into the movie.

So try replicating that in a multiplex environment where you've got to have a person come down and talk to the screen during the movie. I don't know that that's going to translate. Like it's clearly an experimental already film from a guy who does not give a shit what people think and more power to him."

The Sopranos Quote GIF

coppola just made a deal with a distributor in France to release it there, which automatically bars Netflix from buying it since France has a law that any movie released in french theaters cannot be streamed for 15 months. At a screener in Hollywood every studio passed on the movie lol

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database