Mice Problem

Faize4986

Molten Core Raider
So we had a mice problem earlier this year. Went to the store bought some bait traps and they seemed to work for a few months. Over the last week or so they seem to have returned.

Any advice/tactics to try and get them gone before the cold sets in or should i just call an exterminator or some shit?

Izo

Tranny Chaser
KOL-Kat_Donny-Ray_Flickr-Creative-Commons.jpg

Killers!

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
best bait for a snap trap in Nutella, I get a hit in under 10 mins with that shit, it like magic.

Nutella.png

Also mice and rats cant see for shit, they lay and follow urine trails they make, its like a train track. Once you find the paths they run, drop snaps along it and you'll get super fast hits. Its usually along walls.

Use Victor brand with the big Cheese trigger , anything else sucks.

Victor-Mousetrap.jpg

Last edited:

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Second runner up is Rat Zapper loaded with kibble dog food. QC on them is kinda shitty, hit or miss if they are a dud out of the box and you have to exchange it. Also they eat a lot of batteries.

05234b8b-6cc0-4ad0-9091-d09bb5df2f67_1.cf2b0463568e26e306f21e05526eae4b.jpe

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Zapatta Zapatta do you... work with pests?

I have a lot of fruit trees on my property and a 150 acre open pasture behind my house, it's rodent central. I see Owls hunting that field every night. Nothing will scare the fuck out of you like an Owl dropping down above you in the dark, they are completely silent in flight, move damn fast and have wing spans 5 foot +. You hear the screams of rodents getting plucked from the ground and carried off the certain death. Owls are fucking kick ass apex predators.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Do what Zapatta says....and fast. Mice multiply very quickly. Gestation is 3 weeks with big litters and fast maturing females.
Source: one of my best friends is an exterminator.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Line your traps along the walls, rats like to hug walls, i'm sure you're familiar with that.

Someone said Nuttella, i used Peanut Butter, rats love that shit.
41IEBe3ApqL.jpg

T-Rex
I did a combination of that trap and sticky pads. If you want, it's easy to re-use it, since you don't have to pull back the old style bar, but fuck that, mine almost decapitated the rat. (I did open it to see, but since its like jaws of death, fuck it)

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Also Cats suck at mice and rats, my dog has 30x the confirmed kills of the cat. They are tied on birds.

Faize4986

Molten Core Raider
the only two places we've seen evidence of them are under the sink and in the silverware drawer looks like ill double up on the poison and traps then

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
the only two places we've seen evidence of them are under the sink and in the silverware drawer looks like ill double up on the poison and traps then
yea, you better dump that whole fucking drawer and the rest of yo plates in the dishwasher, yo.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>

keep looking, there is a hole somewhere they are moving in and out of and nest they have built. fucked up thing is you could kill them all but a new batch will find a way in and smell the old digs and set up shop there. I would also walk the house looking for holes in window screens, holes in your door sweeps and gaps in garage doors etc.

Mouse bones are super flexible, they can squeeze through any gap the thickness of a pencil.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Also Cats suck at mice and rats, my dog has 30x the confirmed kills of the cat. They are tied on birds.
Depends on the animal I think, I've had cats and a dog that were all about killing anything that moved in our yard.

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
So we had a mice problem earlier this year. Went to the store bought some bait traps and they seemed to work for a few months. Over the last week or so they seem to have returned.

Any advice/tactics to try and get them gone before the cold sets in or should i just call an exterminator or some shit?
best thing to do is killing them off like savage for first couple weeks, or even month. Afterwards, look around your house for a point of entry. This is essential. I had this problem too and I had to seal every tiny hole (even the size of your thumb) to make sure mice doesn't enter by squeezing through them.

One time, I was studying a bit far from my house. I returned, only to hear weird chipping noise by the wall. I find out that the mouse was eating through the brick and made a point of entry.
It was the most fucked up shit I've ever seen. Sealed that shit up asap with concrete.

Mice also tend to spray their piss to track themselves back to your house.
Again, seal up all entry points and keep traps in your house at all times.

Also, have a cat. or have some wild cat around you. I had like 3 wild cats around my house while I was under siege by mice.

I fought back with super vengeance. One time I caught a mouse with a conventional sticky glue. I trapped it in a garbage can. I sealed the garbage can and listened to its frantic attempt at escaping. It was scratching and biting everything inside the bin and it was pretty nice listening to it struggle for 2 days. Another time I trapped it by cornering the mouse and punching its face with my fist. Again. Glorious.

Believe it or not, I still have dreams of facing mice swarm. It is a reoccurring nightmare that just won't go away.

Last edited by a moderator:

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
best bait for a snap trap in Nutella, I get a hit in under 10 mins with that shit, it like magic.

View attachment 94361

Also mice and rats cant see for shit, they lay and follow urine trails they make, its like a train track. Once you find the paths they run, drop snaps along it and you'll get super fast hits. Its usually along walls.

Use Victor brand with the big Cheese trigger , anything else sucks.

View attachment 94364
I use peanut butter. Bacon oil for extra points.