Most Hated Man in America

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I would not be surprised if he was shot dead, then shot 49 more times unnecessarily.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So of this drug isn't protected by patents why aren't other companies out they're making it?

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
So of this drug isn't protected by patents why aren't other companies out they're making it?
The ELI5 version I heard of this was that it takes some up-front investment to get factories and other shit online producing the drug. There is no guarantee of profit since ultimately this guy can just drive the price back down (or, recant, as he ended up doing).

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
He said that he doesn't know what he will make the cost of the drug. Just that it won't be something as absurd as $700/pill.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
This is one of those deals where I'd rather have Medicare select a manufacturer for necessary drugs and pay them cost plus 10% for a stated qty each year. I'd rather deal with the govt corrupt selection process and pay less than pay more and have it be a free market solution for health care needs.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Doesn't Medicare have to deal with the Drug Plan (Plan D)? Donut hole for the lose.

Zitar

Silver Knight of the Realm
I don't get the hate. This guy is the most American American in the history of America. His robber baron ancestors are looking down with pride filled eyes.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I don't get the hate. This guy is the most American American in the history of America. His robber baron ancestors are looking down with pride filled eyes.
You are suppose to keep it on the down low so you don't enrage the peons enough for them to get their pitchforks. Never wave it in their face.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
That's really it. The interviews, responding on Twitter and Reddit, etc are what made everyone hate this psychopath. If he did this and had never shown his rat-face, everyone would forget about it in 2 days. Now they'll be talking about it for at least 4 days.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
This is one of those deals where I'd rather have Medicare select a manufacturer for necessary drugs and pay them cost plus 10% for a stated qty each year. I'd rather deal with the govt corrupt selection process and pay less than pay more and have it be a free market solution for health care needs.
I'd have to agree with you. People bitch about medicare but the program is actually incredibly efficient and they are dealing with the most uninsurable people on the planet.

This guy just looks like a piece of shit.