Mouse recommendations

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
I've got a Razer Naga 2012, and it finally started having the notorious double-clicking issues, which gets annoying very quickly.

I actually really loved the mouse prior to this, but now I'm leery of getting the new Razer Naga.

Supposedly the SteelSeries Rival is supposed to be excellent, but I haven't tried one - does anyone have experience with it, or any other recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I use a Razer Deathadder and have been for 5 years or so and it's hands down been the best mouse I have ever owned. I had the double click thing but just took it apart watching a you tube video then gave it a good clean.. Was a simple fix and it's still going strong now.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I've got a Razer Naga 2012, and it finally started having the notorious double-clicking issues, which gets annoying very quickly.

I actually really loved the mouse prior to this, but now I'm leery of getting the new Razer Naga.

Supposedly the SteelSeries Rival is supposed to be excellent, but I haven't tried one - does anyone have experience with it, or any other recommendations?

Thanks in advance.
might as well try cleaning it

1. First Carefully/Slowly peel off the outer plastic pad as the second picture shows, underneath you will see 4 small screws.
( you do not need to take off the large sticker on the bottom of the mouse, I originally thought I did but you don't )

2. Take out screws

3. Use either your finger nail or a pointy flat object to pop the back portion of the naga up then take off the top, the right side of the naga will likely fall off, no biggie you will put it back when were done.

4. Now were going to apply 3-5 drops of CONTACT CLEANER directly on top of the button that is giving you issue (in my case the little button switch on the left side of the wheel)

5. I recommend pushing the button a bunch of times slowly to help let the solution go down into the switcher, this will help remove whatever is causing your bad contact.

you can also just try replacing it, pretty sure it's probably a shitty omron switch, like 99% of all mice. (my mice are modded with cherry mx's, but no one in their right mind would do such a glorious mod)

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
There is no other mouse besides the deathadder. It's the spiritual to successor to the intellimouse, the best mouse of all time.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
All I want in life is a mouse with 5+ buttons, big enough for me to rest my actual palm on instead of rocking the claw grip.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
For all my Big Hand Brethren I recommendEvoluent VerticalMouse Vertical Mouse ergonomic mouse ergonomic computer mouse carpal tunnel syndrome repetitive stress disorder RSI

rrr_img_93718.jpg

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It's not huge though, I don't think it's really any bigger than a G5.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Roccat makes some great mice. The Kone series are $. I bought a G502 and didnt really care for it so swapped back to my Roccat Kone Pure. G502 started randomly double clicking and the button placement for the thumbs felt a little off.

Loco_sl

shitlord
Logitech G500 has been the best mouse I've used/owned by far.

Dual-action scrolling wheel with tilt! Seriously, this scroll wheel has spoiled me...I can never go back.
just enough buttons
great size
weight cartridge
nice, heavy, braided cord

2 years of moderate to heavy use, and it still looks and feels new.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Got a Logitech MX518 that I have had for several years and love.
Isn't the MX518 discontinued? That's why it's now going for $130 on Amazon? I have this mouse as well, and will be sad when it finally dies.
frown.png

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Isn't the MX518 discontinued? That's why it's now going for $130 on Amazon? I have this mouse as well, and will be sad when it finally dies.
frown.png
The G400 was the replacement for the MX518. I was a long time MX518 user and I got a G700 when it finally died. Great mouse, though a little heavy for some.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
G602 is pretty big, but it's wireless.
This is the best mouse I've used in a long time. I've got big hands and it's quite comfortable. The batteries last for 2-3 months. The range is great and it doesn't suffer from any kind of interference like other wireless mice I've owned. It's great for gaming as well, unless you're one of those people that think an imperceptible delay of a couple milliseconds is the reason you get stomped online.

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
Ended up getting the Razer Naga 2015 - they new layout feels pretty good, and the clicking is a lot more solid - thanks for all the recommendations everyone - I tried some of them out in the stores, but in the end, I just went with what was familiar.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I got the G602 thanks to this thread and just wanted to update that it's awesome.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
What's a good mouse to replace my dying G9x? I love that mouse and would replace it with the same but its discontinued =(