Movie Pass

Feien

Ploppers
I recently signed up for a thing calledMovie Pass.Basically it's a monthly or yearly subscription service to go to as many movies you want to in the theater. It's about $32 a month, so you have to go to at least 3-4 (depends of where you live) movies a month to make it worth it.

Some friends and I signed up and we are making tuesday nights our movie nights. It works great when a group larger than 2 have passes, because if someone can't make it, you won't have to go to the theater by yourself, if that is something you don't like doing. So far it has worked great for us.

It does have a few disadvantages:

- You can only buy tickets the day you plan on watching the movie
- From the moment you sign up, you have 30 minutes to get your tickets. (so if you are afraid the showing might sell out, you should go early that day to at least get the tickets.)
- You can only get one ticket a day
- No 3D movies
- You need a smartphone I believe
- Not every theater accepts it, so make sure to check that the theater near you will take a movie pass.

At the moment you have to request to sign up. It took about a couple of months for me to get my invite, but I have about 8 invites they gave me once I signed up, so if anyone wants one, just PM me your e-mail. I highly recommend it if you are a movie buff.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I'm not sure there are 4+ movies per month year-round that I would want to pay to see. Maybe during the Summer when all the big blockbusters hit, but man, that January-April time period is usually pretty lean for releases. That pass is damn near $400 for the year, even at $10 a pop I can't think of a single year of my life where I wanted to see 40 movies that came out that year.

Would be a decent deal at like half that price. You'd have to be one of those people that goes to the theater and sees the same movie multiple times, over and over again to make that worthwhile.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you really like moviesanduse it as a weekly get together excuse with friends it sounds cool to me. $32 a month is nothing if you get some enjoyment out of it. Go see the movie then hit the bar after to discuss and knock back a few.

Also if you are a movie blogger or something it would be great.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Price wise though...it's almost not worth it. If I go to movies before 6 they cost me 7 bucks, which ends up being cheaper then this. Even at 4 movies a week at the $10 each it's still only saving me $4 and I don't feel obligated to go EVERY SINGLE WEEK in order to not lose money and am not limited to the half dozen restrictions he listed above.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
The no 3d thing ruins it for me. I love 3d movies so this is a dealbreaker for me.

Otherwise sounds decent if you REALLY like going to the movies, but otherwise I'm not a huge movie-goer, maybe once a month if I want to go "frequently".

Feien

Ploppers
Where I live movies are 12 bucks, so its been working for me, but yeah, if movies were only $7 I would also say "screw this".

It's definitely not perfect, and it does require some pre-planning, and the no 3D thing does kinda suck (though they've said they want to fix that, but it's been the theaters that have said no so far). I hope once they get out of their beta phase it will be better, but I thought I'd test it for a year and see how it goes. So far I've been to 7-8 movies this last month (good thing is it's also good at a couple of indie theaters I frequent where they show classics all the time.), and it feels nice when "you don't have to pay for it."

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Not for me, it's only saving me 4 bucks, I can't see 3D and 4bucks isn't worth the hassle of everything else.