Murderbot

Goatface

0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Murderbot

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Drama

Cast: Alexander Skarsgård, David Dastmalchian, Noma Dumezweni, Sabrina Wu, Tattiawna Jones, Akshay Khanna, Tamara Podemski

Overview: A self-hacking security android is horrified by human emotion yet drawn to its vulnerable "clients." Murderbot must hide its free will and complete a dangerous assignment when all it really wants is to be left alone to watch futuristic soap operas and figure out its place in the universe.

Goatface

The Murderbot Diaries is set in an advanced space-faring culture where travel between star systems is normal, employing "wormhole technology" that was initially unstable but has improved to the point that "lost" colonies are being discovered. People live on planets, some of which have been terraformed, or in space habitats that provide complete life support and artificial gravity. Most individuals who can afford it have equipment that allows them to access omnipresent data streams containing a variety of information, including entertainment. This technology can be worn or implanted into the body. Artificial intelligence, both sentient and semi-sentient, performs duties such as starship operations, mining, habitat control, security, and corporate warfare. The last two are conducted by "SecUnits" and "CombatUnits", both of which are part machine, part organic.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I’ve just finished all the audiobooks last week on my road trip back home and they're easily my favorite "new" series. Will possibly be jarring hearing someone else play SecUnit instead of Kevin Free, but I'm excited for this either way. Audible has both the standard audiobook version and the dramatization of each novel as well.

spronk

FPS noob
good books but they tend to be pretty dry, will be interesting to see how it translates to the screen. There's a lot of books too i think, I've only read the first 2 or 3.

i wonder what shows they will pick him watching most of the time, i hope its big titty anime

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
good books but they tend to be pretty dry, will be interesting to see how it translates to the screen. There's a lot of books too i think, I've only read the first 2 or 3.

i wonder what shows they will pick him watching most of the time, i hope its big titty anime

Yeah 7 books / short stories. The first four: All Systems Red, Artificial Condition, Rogue Protocol, and Exist Strategy were combined and released in one volume by SubPress. Then the larger full novel Network Effect came out, then another short novel Artificial Condition, and lastly another full novel System Collapse.

Hopefully they just keep with the books and have him watching Sanctuary Moon and the other bad sci fi shows he watches with ART.

I agree, they are dry. It is similar in some ways to Expeditionary Force. There's no way I could read them after listening to R.C. Bray, and having Free give SecUnit real character added to my enjoyment. Not sure I would have read SecUnit with all the same inflections. It really makes the character.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database