Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Last thing good I saw Oswald do was his speech on Park and Recreation with the Star Wars filibuster

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
That was great, but he's even better in agents of shield.

I'm assuming since they're both comedians they will be writing some of the commentary.

Cybsled

No. I imagine they will be whatever era they could get the rights to for super cheap, just like the original show.

I'm pretty sure the newest film I ever saw on the original MST3k was Alien from L.A. with Kathy Ireland in it lol

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Been rewatching a few on Comet (an antenna channel). Haven't seen them in close to 25 years, I forgot how funny they could be.

Caliane

No. I imagine they will be whatever era they could get the rights to for super cheap, just like the original show.

I'm pretty sure the newest film I ever saw on the original MST3k was Alien from L.A. with Kathy Ireland in it lol
yeah, but if they have netflix money, might be able to get something good. And in fact, Netflix's own library/contracts may have directly allowed netflix movies as the source.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I hope they get to do made for TV movies too. I could imagine them slaying with a Lifetime original movie.

Siliconemelons

This will never stop being awesome.

lol space mutiny was one of the first MST3K's I watched - so because of how high quality the movie itself was (lol in comparison) with the commentary being absolute top notch - to me...many of the mst3ks were not as good...starting on the top had issues :p

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
lol space mutiny was one of the first MST3K's I watched - so because of how high quality the movie itself was (lol in comparison) with the commentary being absolute top notch - to me...many of the mst3ks were not as good...starting on the top had issues :p

The early seasons with Joel were a bit subdued at times but could still be very good. Mr. B is maybe my favorite MST3K anything.

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
Mitchell was always my favorite episode since it served as a bridge between Joel and Mike hosting, and it's the perfect Joe Don Baker movie.

List site of lots of old episodes: Club MST3k

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

Don't forget Puma (Phuummah) Man!

To me, I have to somewhat be able to watch the "movie" to be into the commentary - while I agree with the MST3K purists that the early and horrific movies brought out the more witty and clever writing - I generally enjoyed the show more once they were able to start getting the still cheap but "better" movies - such as Space Mutiny, Camelot (or whatever Merlin one it was) Mitchel, Puma Man etc. lol

Like Manos Hands of Fate... I think their sketch throwbacks to it are hilarious and somewhat better when you get the inside joke from having seen them roast the movie, but to me its a hard watch.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Mitchell, Puma Man, and The Final Sacrifice (Rowsdower!) are my favorites.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Manos Hands of Fate. Also whichever movie had those weird alien bodysnatchers that were claymation or whatever (was probably Bodysnatchers).

Mitchell grabbing a 6 pack with his toes during sex is a cinematic highlight.

spronk

FPS noob
i've always loved all the gamera/gojira episodes. i think all the mst3k episodes are up on youtube, but you can also just grab the entire 9 season pack from IPT/etc

the shorts like mr. b natural though are just so fun to watch anytime

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Loved the movie growing up and the Interocitor call and response was something my friends and me did forever.
"Are you boys cooking up there?"
"No."
"Are you making an Interocitor?"
"Nooo!"

Siliconemelons

lol just saw that some "best of" or whatever MST3K are on Netflix- good stuff :) I suppose as a lead up to the new ones.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
MST3K was a rare treat for my brother and I when we were kids. When we'd stay over at my grandmother's house on the weekend and my cousins would come over, we'd always stay up late so we could watch it. We still all quote the fuck out of Space Mutiny.

For some reason, I always loved this stupid song from Fugitive Alien.