NBA 2016 Off-Season Thread

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Barnes and Ezeli go somewhere else. Try to find a succession plan for Bogut. Maybe Iguodala becomes a starter again.

Hopefully Looney pans out to be useful.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
DeRozan will be re-signed for the max or close to it. I'd love Biyombo back, but someone's going to offer him an insane contract and we won't have space to match. Scola's gone. Guessing the Raptors will either take a PF/C with their first pick or trade it for one. 1 year away from 1 year away on Bruno.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I thought DeRozan wanted to go to LA?
Not sure where that rumor came from (I guess because he went to USC?), but he's made it clear he loves Toronto and only opted out to get more money. Most people wouldn't leave the 2nd best team in the East to go rebuild in the West if money is the same.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
DeRozan will be re-signed for the max or close to it.I'd love Biyombo back, but someone's going to offer him an insane contract and we won't have space to match.Scola's gone. Guessing the Raptors will either take a PF/C with their first pick or trade it for one. 1 year away from 1 year away on Bruno.
With the Dubs likely to free up some space I wonder if this is one of the names on their list...

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
As we were saying in the 2016 NBA thread, ESPN likes to have "who is leaving?" conversations a lot to drive headlines.

Lebron, of course, is one of those. Personally I expect him to opt out of his contract but re-sign with the Cavs for more money. I wouldn't be happy if he left but he just gave us a championship so it wouldn't hurt as much as it did 6 years ago. More interesting is what happens with Kevin Love. I think he's a great player but he's just not a good match against Golden State. Props to him for making a difference in game 7 though and that last play where he was D on Curry was amazing. I still think the Cavs might try to move him though.

The other big name is Durant. Personally I expect him to stick with the Thunder another year but I don't pay as much attention to the West despite being the stronger conference. I know a lot of people want to make the headline about him going to Golden State but I don't see it.

Leadaas

Dindu Nuffin
As long as the Cavs sign JR Smith I don't care what they do with the rest of the roster.

Sterling

El Presidente
Durant to the Spurs. Then they continue winning like 7 out of 10 games for the next 15 years.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
As we were saying in the 2016 NBA thread, ESPN likes to have "who is leaving?" conversations a lot to drive headlines.

Lebron, of course, is one of those. Personally I expect him to opt out of his contract but re-sign with the Cavs for more money. I wouldn't be happy if he left but he just gave us a championship so it wouldn't hurt as much as it did 6 years ago. More interesting is what happens with Kevin Love. I think he's a great player but he's just not a good match against Golden State. Props to him for making a difference in game 7 though and that last play where he was D on Curry was amazing. I still think the Cavs might try to move him though.

The other big name is Durant. Personally I expect him to stick with the Thunder another year but I don't pay as much attention to the West despite being the stronger conference. I know a lot of people want to make the headline about him going to Golden State but I don't see it.
Love is more than likely going to be traded to Boston.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Rumors of Durant getting traded to Clips for Griffin. If that happens and CP3 stays healthy they can be great.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Saw an article saying the Lakers were in the running for Lebron if he decides to leave Cleveland. If, and yeah it's a big if, but if Lebron leaves Cleveland may as well just sell his soul completely and go to the Lakers. Tough to pass up the allure of winning a championship with 3 different teams and getting to join that exalted list with Robert Horry and John Sally! Lebron on the Lakers is an absurd enough scenario I'd certainly make sure to start openly rooting for him.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Wolves offseason goals: an actual backup PG capable of coming into the game and not immediately causing his team to lose. A big defensive 3, or athletic 4 that can play major minutes subbing for Dieng against stretch 4s.

Draft Murray or Bender.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Posted my draft prediction..

Suns looking to dump Bledsoe and trade pick for young big apparently. Sixers trade Noel and late picks to Suns for Bledsoe and 4.

Sixers trade Okafor, Bledsoe and #4 to lakers for Russell and #2.

Call it a day!

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Lakers are finally free of Bryant, and now that proud franchise can reload and develop another superstar team with a huge money superstar leading the charge. Either that or a duo or trio of 3 really good stars.

Im not sure if they get rid of Russel, they will probably dump the 31 year old, awful Nick Young with his whole 3 points per game. They should have money to spend and they have a ton of options. If they can get LeBron there, to play with Russel and hit on a young star in the draft, they are instantly the best team in the West.