Need more thoughts on wtf is going on

Terial

Trakanon Raider
okay, so out of the blue, my PC decided to do something to my resolution and i can't fix it.
Hardware: NVidia GeForce GTX 760

so, basically the screen resolution is larger than my monitor now... meaning shit is cut off on both left and right sides.
I've tried changing resolutions (does not fix), changing monitor settings for Horizontal (does not fix)
I've completely unistalled GTX 760 driver... FIXED!! then winblows sees i am using generic windows driver and it reinstalls 760 and boom, all Effd up again
Here is a screenshot of the left of my screen as a sample.. See how it's cut off, that's what it looks like. WTF am i missing here?!
rrr_img_137026.jpg

Terial

Trakanon Raider
no zoom option, if i remove the drivers for the moitor and vid card, everything is fine, then windows puts them back on without asking me and it eff's it up again

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Does nvidia have overscan settings? This type of thing used to happen commonly with outputting to a TV.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
so far to get it to normal, i've had to completely remove all nvidia software, drivers etc from the PC.... and disconnect from internet so it would stop pulling them. Rebooted, and while resolution was huge lol, it was fine. Then still disconnected from internet, i installed the drivers (that i downloaded prior to this) and boom, right back to square 1, it's still offset on both left and right sides. Going through all the nvidia settings and i see nothing in here to alleviate this issue yet. Spent most of the day on this today, total waste of a day (but i did catch a Pikachu lol)

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
You can adjust the size of the screen in the nvidia control panel under Adjust desktop size and position by enabling desktop resizing....

Go Nvidia Control Panel->Adjust Desktop Size and Position-> Click the little tab "Size" next to "Scaling" (and the scaling setting may be what is doing this to you automatically by the way...) and then click the enable desktop resizing toggle and then resize.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
You can adjust the size of the screen in the nvidia control panel under Adjust desktop size and position by enabling desktop resizing....

Go Nvidia Control Panel->Adjust Desktop Size and Position-> Click the little tab "Size" next to "Scaling" (and the scaling setting may be what is doing this to you automatically by the way...) and then click the enable desktop resizing toggle and then resize.
I found this a few minutes after your post as well, had to create a manual size for my desktop now which i did not have to do before. Thanks for posting this as well... very useful!!
Case Closed
smile.png