New Tech, App, Toy or Gadget you just bought

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I need some new toys. I bought the Amazon Echo on Prime Day but it wont be here for another week yet. I also finally got some bluetooth earbuds for runs and pokemon go walks.

Anyone get anything good recently that they would recommend?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Refurbished Wii U. Now that it's hackable it's a great way to spend $200 or less.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Put some files on an SD card and then visit a website. Boom it's hacked; now you can run apps/games off the SD card. Needs to be reapplied if system restarts, but whatever, I just leave it turned on. Works on all current firmwares AFAIK up to 5.5.1

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Gear VR. Meh, kinda cool. Cheap enough to play with.

I haven't messed with it a ton. The 3d pictures are really cool. There's also a game (Gunjacked i think) that is kinda fun.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Just bought the iRobot Roomba 650 after a good Vegas trip. Girlfriend's wishlist item, but I can't say no to robots. Her brother showed us one a couple days ago and he really liked it, too.

I'm actually -really- impressed. I always stayed away because they had such a bad reputation when they came out, but this thing is fucking awesome.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Just bought the iRobot Roomba 650 after a good Vegas trip. Girlfriend's wishlist item, but I can't say no to robots. Her brother showed us one a couple days ago and he really liked it, too.

I'm actually -really- impressed. I always stayed away because they had such a bad reputation when they came out, but this thing is fucking awesome.
I've been pretty interested in getting one for quite a while. I don't hate vacuuming but it can be kind of a pain in the ass. The 805 is at costco right now for $400

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
My wife and I want a Roomba, but I feel like it wouldn't be effective in our home as we have a toddler that pretty much constantly has toys laying on the floor in every room of the house. I don't know how the roomba would deal with that.

As it stands, it takes longer to pick up all his toys than it does to vacuum

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
My wife and I want a Roomba, but I feel like it wouldn't be effective in our home as we have a toddler that pretty much constantly has toys laying on the floor in every room of the house. I don't know how the roomba would deal with that.

it would just push the toys around until it felt a good amount of resistance and then make another random pass.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>

So far, I haven't had a single issue. Shoes, sandals, backpacks, random cords, dog bed/blanket.

I'm honestly blown away by this thing. All of the nooks and crannies are clean and it hasn't gotten stuck yet.

I've had it for two days and of course, I have to start it up every time it's charged. So I think it's done 5 cleanings/5 hours on half tile, half carpet & rugs without an issue.

It's picked up a ton of dog hair so far. I'm actually embarassed.

edit to avoid a bump - Close to a week in with this and my opinion of it has only improved. I can't believe the amount of shit this thing picks up, and we keep our house pretty clean, other than the fucking dog hair. First question to the next real estate agent I talk to - "Is the house Roomba-friendly?"

Last edited:

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 usb sound card and a cheap condenser mic Neewer NW-700 Condenser Microphone

Got the card super cheap and I wanted it for balanced outputs and got the mic because I have phantom power and it sounds awesome so I gotta use it (for skype).

60285684457684220e0691.jpg

61RWi%2Ba6AXL._SL1001_.jpg

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
I used one of those for many years, finally decided to step up my game for twitching and such.