NFL 2017 Offseason - Where does Romo go?

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Surprised this wasn't already started.

Begin the speculation of new head coaches, where Free Agents will land, and where old QB's go to die!

Oh and of course the inevitable rebirth of the 49ers and their climb back to glory!

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We aren't firing either coordinator. Harbaugh is going to be on the hot seat this year, but no changes except players apparently.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Peterson to the Packers. Romo to the Broncos for Talib. Garrett is the #1 pick, and Browns also acquire Garapollo with a 1st and 4th. Four running backs go first round (Fournette, Cook, Freeman, McCaffrey).

Cowboys win two Super Bowls in a row, starting this year.

• 2Cutler
Reactions: 1 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I've read a few articles about who could take over at GM for the 49ers, and one big thing the 49ers have going for them right now is they are the only ones with an open GM spot, so they aren't competing with anyone else.

For some reason this Louis Riddick guy is getting a ton of press, but I don't know much about him. Apparently his gig at ESPN and some of his past work with teams has earned him a lot of praise? I really don't know.

As for HC, I am dubious anyone can do much with our current roster.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I'm not really sure of Riddick's actual results being in an NFL front office. The guy is articulate, but I'd definitely be cautious of hiring someone off that. NFL is definitely starting to hire GMs akin to the way MLB does, young and bold. Acquire young assets in bulk & draft QBs late, build through o-lines etc.

Garrapollo, McCarron, Glennon, and Romo will all be available in some form in an otherwise "weak" QB class.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hopefully the Redskins fire D coordinator Joe Barry. I have no idea how you hire someone off the 0-16 Lions squad and think it's a good idea.

And then load the fuck up on defensive players in the offseason. I think they ended up being the worst 3rd down defense of all time.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Hopefully the Redskins fire D coordinator Joe Barry. I have no idea how you hire someone off the 0-16 Lions squad and think it's a good idea.

And then load the fuck up on defensive players in the offseason. I think they ended up being the worst 3rd down defense of all time.

The head coach of the 0-16 Lions as defensive coordinator of a defense that everyone said would be garbage helped beat your teams top 5 offense twice.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
A part of me hopes that Garoppolo stays with the Patriots to replace Tom Brady in another year or 2.

Tony Romo gets traded somewhere, hurt in game 3 and retires.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

Avril was on that 0-16 team his first year in the league. Then he signed with the Seahawks and has gone to the playoffs every year since. Funny how things work out.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Marinelli had the indignity of having Matt Millen making personnel decisions. I'm sure I just triggered the fuck out of some poor lurking Lions fan at the mention of his name.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Avril was on that 0-16 team his first year in the league. Then he signed with the Seahawks and has gone to the playoffs every year since. Funny how things work out.
What the fuck does this have to do with anything?

moontayle

Golden Squire
So Bowles isn't going anywhere but a several he brought on to help him are out. One more opening: Jets announce offensive coordinator Chan Gailey is retiring

Pretty major step back for them overall this year. I'm sure the Fitzgerald drama didn't help matters. I figure he's going to need a major turnaround next year to stick around.

Edit: Bowles might end up being another DC who can't translate his success into being HC. FO has this to say about the final Jets DVOA:

Below the Texans and Lions, the 1-15 Cleveland Browns did not finish last in DVOA. That honor belongs to the New York Jets, who finished No. 1 in the entire league in run defense but made up for that by ranking 31st in offense, pass defense, and special teams.

Last edited:

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
How the hell can you be #1 in run defense and 31st in everything else? Seems like the opposite of everything I know about the NFL.

Bad teams have their opponent pass all over them building up an insurmountable lead early. They then run the ball the rest of the game to run out the clock and dominate time of possession. But instead the Jets did the first part, but curb stomped the opposition's running game? How??????

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I love how these former Seahawks defensive coordinators are given these HC jobs. Just because you managed the most talented defense in the league for a couple years, doesn't make you a good coach.

It may end up being the same thing with Josh McDaniels. Teams are falling all over themselves to interview him now. The guy is the OC of the best QB in the league, that has run the same system for over a decade now. That absolutely does not mean he will translate to a good HC.

Then again, who the fuck knows what actually does translate to a good HC. Clearly Pete Carroll and Bill Belichick are two of the best, and those guys couldn't be more different personality wise.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user