Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Siliconemelons

I usually buy from the Nintendo store...but that's because I generally am buying Nintendo games and they are the same cost...and I am lazy with carts

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I buy physical as much as I can, let's me share games with my son and friends, and gives the option of resell and trade in if i ever want to.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 4 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
For older games I find physicals on sale, play them myself but can still hand the disc to my brother later if he wants to play.

Newer ones if we want to play release day can go with either but if there's pandemic related shipping issues digital is reliable.

• 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
For older games I find physicals on sale, play them myself but can still hand the disc to my brother later if he wants to play.

Newer ones if we want to play release day can go with either but if there's pandemic related shipping issues digital is reliable.
I've been using my switch all wrong

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's a good point on re-selling games... we have one switch though so don't need to share with my kids. Sounds like I should just go digital.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
yea i get all mine as physical as possible, even if it's 10bucks more.

heck i have one of those travel cases and i think that holds 20games? i just put the game in there and throw the game box in my sterilite of old games

• 1Solidarity

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I like physical Switch games so I can lose the tiny fucking cards

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Siliconemelons

I never trade in or sell back games - the ratio is terrible and I never burn through a game in a week or anything.

But digital is 90% so my kids won't misplace the little SD card. But I do not really have many games as I said and its primary kids / wife system.

Just bought that girl megaman game for like 2$, looked cool.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Only time I buy digital for Switch is when the game is eShop-only / physical is only available from Limited Run, or they run a promo like last year's vouchers. Even the vouchers weren't exactly an amazing deal if it had been anyone but Nintendo doing it.

Digital has practically no benefits for Switch beyond not having to swap carts. Nintendo sales are few and very far between; Amazon, Gamestop, Walmart, Target, Best Buy, etc. sales are not. SD cards are slow so there's no benefit to load times unless you install the digital game to internal storage (even then it's very minor). Downloads are still excruciatingly slow from Nintendo's network. And if you do have multiple Switches, their licensing scheme is straight up retarded.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Passed on the new Pokemon since it looked like shit. Anyone play it and can confirm it was shit, or did it not turn out too bad?

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Passed on the new Pokemon since it looked like shit. Anyone play it and can confirm it was shit, or did it not turn out too bad?
I didn't think it was too bad, but it's the same as most japanese/pokemon games with a young teenager as the protagonist. They culled the available pokedex, but I think it's either fully back or coming back soon.

Vorph

Anyone else who's been holding out for an eShop sale to pick up Fell Seal -- it's finally on sale for the first time since the game released (66% off too).

Also the Missions and Monsters expansion releases on all platforms this afternoon. AFAIK there's no base+DLC bundle going to be offered, it'll just be an extra $12.99 for the expansion.

Edit: DLC is up on eShop now.

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
finished xenoblade DE last night, clocked in just under 95 hours for the main storyline and i couldn't even begin to tell you how the game ended, weird as fuck but i really enjoyed it all. The world building was fantastic, just loved everything about it. When you get to the usual "You're gonna go fight the final boss now, have everything ready you sure you wanna continue?" point its fucking weird as hell, like 40 (no lie) new quests suddenly pop up and the world is populated with hundreds of new mobs/bosses 20+ levels above you. I skipped it all, apparently in the OG Xenoblade you would finish the game once, start AGAIN in NG+, hit level cap by the time you got to the final chapter, and have another 10-20 hours of "new game stuff" for you. Man, those were the old times when playing a game twice was normal. Ain't nobody got time for that anymore though.

DLC is another 15-20 hours of extra content with full story too in new maps, might check that out soon. Comes built into the remaster. Its really too bad they only are releasing the Xenoblades on switch, would be cool to see what people could do with the textures on PC.

4chan predicting what will be announced at the next Direct in 4 days, including a new Super Mario AllStars 3D, Persona 5, Breath of the Wild 2, and Metroid Samus

20200716_124949.jpg

Vorph

P5 Scramble isn't Persona 5, it's a Dynasty Warriors style spin-off. Been out in JP for a while now, so it can't be too much longer until it's released here since Atlus typically takes 6 months for localization. Wu Flu probably slowed that down a bit though. I guess it's supposed to be a pretty good game if you like the genre, personally I get bored with mashing buttons after a half dozen missions tops.

Assuming it's true Bayonetta finally being shown is good news, but where the fuck is SMT5?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I just started playing Astral Chain. What a great game. This is my favorite third party Nintendo game in a long time.

• 1Like