North Carolina (Fayetteville)

kudos

<Banned>
I'm flying to NC for work and have to be there for 2 weeks. Is there anything noteworthy to do or see? Places to eat or drink? Everything I've heard makes it sound like a ghetto dump. I don't want to work and then go straight to my hotel for 2 weeks.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I live there. PM me your times and we will meet up.

There are a few decent places to eat. There is a nice botanical garden and also a nearby Army museum.

Other than that you are an hour from Raleigh and it's nice up there. Two to three hours from the coast, also nice.

Phelps McManus

<Silver Donator>
I would say that Fayetteville has a very nice interstate that you can use to leave Fayetteville, but the whole I-95 corridor is a dump. It is hard to be farther away from Asheville, which is awesome this time of year. Have a nice 2 weeks in your hotel.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

orcmauler

Golden Squire
There is a reason why locals call it Fayetnam. As posted above Asheville is nice especially this time of year. Raleigh is a typical southern capital. The beach would be my suggestion as it is a (relatively) quick drive and the tourist season is winding down. As a former NC resident, Fayetteville was one of those cities most people avoided like the plague, or Kinston.

kudos

<Banned>
Went to Wilmington for a brewery adventure on the weekend off from work. Hit up a bunch of them and some even had an Oktoberfest going on so that was cool. One of the best beer places I've ever seen was Fermental. My God the shit they had there wouldn't last a day in the stores here... and it's just sitting there on a shelf. Amazing.

I'm pretty sure from the limited amount of time I was there that if I were to live in NC that Southern Pines is my preferred place. I loved that area. Also, the Sly Fox was pretty damn good.

Fayetteville itself wasn't that bad. The obvious ghetto shit was annoying but there was plenty of decent food in the area for after work binging. Found an amazing West Africa restaurant downtown that had the most amazing ox tail / goat I've ever had. I won't complain when I have to go back just because of that place. Awo's Cuisine I believe it was called. Mac's was good too but everyone already knows that.