Oh, hell comic. (kickstarter)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hey all,
Some of you may have noted, I have had links in my sig. while I don't generally discuss what I do, or who I am specifically. I am a comic colorist/artist.
Freelance with HiFi design. Studio work is all over the place. DC work, such as JLA, justice Leauge 3000, Sword of sorcery, Booster gold, Futures End, Green lantern new gaurdians, supergirl, Marvel stuff is more alternative. Early reader stuff mostly. Wolverine Origins, meet the Xmen, Disney, Image, Dark horse, and so on. More then I can count or name, as part of the Hi*Fi label.

I have had several side projects. One of which is Oh, Hell.OH HELL COMICS104 pages up currently. chapter 5 coming soon. Which has been in my sig for a while.

So, we have a kickstarter for Oh, Hell.
OH, HELL an Original Graphic Novel by George Wassil Kickstarter

The story follows Zoel, a 15yr old, with a giant chip on her shoulder. Her parents have had enough, and we begin with her being shipped off to The Academy, a mysterious boarding school for troubled teens. The Academy it turns out is a recruitment center for demons.

This KS is for the trade paperback print run, of the 8 chapters, at 200+ pagecount.

We have a number of extras for backers. tshirts. sketches, etc. As well as some exclusive pinups by Dave and Myself, David Nakayama, Cory Smith, and Julia Philip.

some may note, I have not been quiet about my dislike of kickstarters lack of accountability. Best I can say, is, promise we won't abuse its potential, if we manage to grossly overshoot our target.
I don't personally have final say. And even if I did, I do like crowd-sourcing, and the truth is, KS has a much larger audience then Indiegogo. Who I am not even sure has better policies.

So take a look. Share it, if you like. Contribute if it suits you. If not, no worries.
The full comic will be published online, in web format, no matter what.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why do you webcomic people always insist on scaling your images down to the point of being almost unreadable? Does this conserve so much bandwidth?

Caliane

Thanks guys.

on size. hrm. I'm fairly web illiterate. size choice is pretty common. 900-1000 vertical pixel dimension to make sure the page is viewable without scrolling on most screens with a 1200 or 1080 height.
Obviously, working is much much larger.

I'll talk to the team about posting larger. our pages are more typical print format already. print comic ratio. and 8 panel pages not uncommon. most webcomics rarely go past 4.

digitally purchased comics and .cbr's are of course full size. got to be able to post full size page, and just have it scale down when viewed right?

Grumpy

Molten Core Raider
Love your comic, can't wait for chapter 5! Surprised I missed this, but hopefully redeemed myself by backing you now! Thanks!

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I'll donate. But, I have to tell you...that Kickstarter video absolutely sucked. The narrator was omg. :\

Lenas

Trump's Staff
on size. hrm. I'm fairly web illiterate. size choice is pretty common. 900-1000 vertical pixel dimension to make sure the page is viewable without scrolling on most screens with a 1200 or 1080 height.
It's an unfortunate side effect of the poor website design. If you didn't have a big unnecessary navigation on the left side, and your chapter list on the right side, your pages would have much more width available and would be much more readable.

Something like this would make me about 100% more likely to read your comic:

rrr_img_65172.jpg

Caliane

hrm. that would probably help.
I think we discussed some improvements to the site when it went up. I'll bring it back up.

stretch goal: we get a better web design!

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Went ahead and did the $22 pledge to support a forum member. Hopefully you meet your goal.

Add my vote to CBR/CBZ as an option to go with PDF.

Caliane

Hey guys,
7 more days on this. its not looking too good. we are at 66% now. and tracking real slow. I expect 80% funding tops at the moment. Thank you for any and all support regardless.