Oslo / Kopenhagen

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chillz

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Doing a cruise and gonna visit these 2 cities pretty soon. Any must see/eats/drinks? Visiting with buddies (metalheads :D) and we sadly only got one day for each city.

Denaut

Trump's Staff
For Oslo, since you are only here for a day, I recommend the standard touristy stuff. Viking Museum in Bygdøy, National Gallery/Karl Johan's Gate, Opera House, and Frogner Park. It you guys are interested in seeing a concert there is usually stuff floating around. If you want more info about that I'll see what I can dig up.

Ratama

Lord Nagafen Raider
Copenhagen has something for everybody!

Pretty much everything below is located centrally, which means you can either leg it, use the tourist bikes or spring for a daypass and use the Metro.

Must see:
You've mentioned that you're both metalheads, so I'm not sure how interested you are in spending some of your limited time taking in the culture and arts etc., but here's a mix if you're feeling touristy.
- The Little Mermaid statue located by Langelinje Kaj, one of our biggest attractions (you might laugh at that when you see it)
- Christiania (an alternative place located in the heart of Copenhagen, originally carved out by hippies as a free haven)
- Nyhavn (cozy place for a beer and some lunch, but be warned: it's a tourist magnet and pretty expensive!)
-- PROTIP: I would suggest taking one of the seaside tours of the city with one of the boats. It'll take about an hour, but it's a nice way of viewing many of the buildings both new and old, and the guides are pretty knowledgeable.
- Tivoli Gardens (a relatively small amusement park located in central Copenhagen, has rides for all ages and can be a fun way to spend some hours while still being in walking distance of a lot of other stuff)
- The Blue Planet (Northern Europes largest aquarium, located a short trip to the outskirts of Copenhagen next to the Airport)
- Strøget and Field's, if you want to do some shopping.

As a local, I would suggest Christiania, Nyhavn and the boat tour.

Must eat:
- Torvehallerne, located next to Norreport station in central Copenhagen. Fantastic place with lots of different foods and something for everybody. Highly recommended for a quick lunch.
- If you want to sample a local favorite, the so-called "Smørrebrød", I suggest having lunch at: Øl & Brød located at Viktoriagade 6 OR Møller Snaps & Smørrebrod located at Toldbodgade 5.
- Cocks & Cows, Halifax or Sliders, that all have restaurants located centrally and I believe their webpages have en English language version, so just browse for a location which is convenient for you. Good burgers.
- MASH, Köd OR Retour Steak, same as above for locations. Great steaks.

I eat out often, so I can recommend a lot of places, but it's easier for me if you mention what kind of pricerange and kitchen(s) you're after.

Must drink:
Gonna assume you're Beer folks!
- Mikkeller Bar, located in Viktoriagade 8. Fantastic beers, but may seem a little pricey.
- Ørsted Ølbar, located in Nørre Farimagsgade 13. Good range of beers, enjoyable establishment and affordable for everybody.
- Warpigs, located in Flæsketorvet 25. A joint venture between the Danish "Mikkeller" and the American "3 Floyd's". You can get some great beers here, and you can even eat some BBQ here too if that's your thing.
- Kølsters Tolv Haner, located in Rantzausgade 56. For the beer enthusiast.

If I assumed wrong and you're looking for something else, just let me know what your preferences are and I can narrow it down for you.

Hope you have a great time in Oslo and Copenhagen; both cities are, in my opinion, fantastic :)

Wife has been on about going to Copenhagen for a while so thanks for those suggestions
With regards food we both enjoy trying local cuisine. Do you have any recommendations on good places to eat traditional food. Price range depends on how good or unique it is. I don't mind paying for good food or a unique experience

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I really want to go back to Hønefoss one day and visit some other small cities. Norway was incredibly beautiful and great to visit.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
visu_3.png

Drop by Jutland and I'll spit in your Leffe. Cheers.

Ratama

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wife has been on about going to Copenhagen for a while so thanks for those suggestions
With regards food we both enjoy trying local cuisine. Do you have any recommendations on good places to eat traditional food. Price range depends on how good or unique it is. I don't mind paying for good food or a unique experience

In terms of traditional food, we're probably best known internationally for the so-called Nordic Cuisine (aka. 'New Nordic') and our 'Smørrebrød'. Other than that, what most Danes would consider being traditional food predating the Nordic Cuisine rage is very meat and potatoes, and it might not be something that the average tourist or foodie finds all that interesting. However, I can appreciate wanting to sample local delicacies, so I'll throw in a few suggestions:

Nordic Cuisine -
- Restaurant BROR, located at Skt. Peders Stræde 24A. Relatively simple but very good take on the New Nordic style. The owners are former Sous Chefs at NOMA. Price level is rather high.
- NOMA, located at Strandgade 93. Currently boasts 2 Michelin stars and has been routinely ranked in the top 5 restaurants in the world. Among the forerunners of the New Nordic. Famous/infamous for some of their servings, e.g. using ants as a core ingredient in one dish. Very high prices and extremely popular, so make sure to book in advance if you decide to go.
- Restaurant Geranium, located at Per Henrik Lings Allé 4, 8th floor (has elevator). Currently holds 3 Michelin stars and the kitchen is run by (I think still?) the most winning chef in the Bocuse D'or competition ever. Fantastic location with a gorgeous view of Copenhagen, top notch service and remarkable food. My personal favorite restaurant, but be warned that the price is on the high side and due to it recently receiving a third Michelin star and not having a lot of seats, it requires booking well in advance.
- The Standard, located at Havnegade 44. Relatively new and quickly earned a Michelin-star. Food is pretty good, and they've got some fun takes on traditional delicacies.

Smørrebrød & Traditional food -
- Restaurant Schønnemann, located centrally at Hauser Plads 16. This is a personal favorite and highly recommended. Best for a traditional Danish lunch, but it also has lots of old-school eats. Make sure you try the combination of herring and schnapps. Fun fact: Schønnemann is one of the city's oldest restaurants. Pricing ranges from reasonable to expensive.
- Restaurant Told & Snaps, located at Toldbodgade 2. Very popular and tons of traditional Danish favorites. Reasonable prices.
- Aamanns Etablissement, located at Øster Farimagsgade 10. Michelin-starred Danish kitchen, with several signature takes on traditional Danish food. As is often the case with Michelin-starred restaurants, the pricing takes on an extra notch.
- Restaurant Palægade, located at Palægade 8. Relatively new restaurant which serves a modern interpretation of traditional Danish food. During lunch time they serve their take on the traditional 'smørrebrød, and during the evening they serve their take on traditional Danish evening meals. Rather expensive, but I consider it worth it.

Most of the New Nordic places will seem expensive unless you're from London, New York or Paris etc. They're not everyday eateries, but I feel that it's well worth visiting one of them if you consider yourself a foodie and/or want to try something local and unique. Tons of other great places to get good and affordable food for the rest of your stay ;)