Pacific Coast Highway - September

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Thanks for the offer, but I don't think we went by there. Not overly close anyways. We ended up trailering the bikes straight to Yakima, then took the 12 and 131 by Mt St Helens (holy fuck that road was fun!), missed the turn to Portland, ended up in Longview, said fuck it and continued on to Astoria before picking up the 101. Went down the 101 as far as Crescent City and the Redwood parks, then headed back North through Grant's Pass, checked out Crater Lake, went up the Cascade Lakes scenic byway, got hammered at Deschutes in Bend, loaded up in Yakima, and drove straight home. Ended up putting more miles on the truck/trailer than the bikes. About 3,200 km on the truck, and 2,500 km on the bikes.

Unfortunately we lost a day and a half in Astoria, because the fuckwads at the local Ducati dealer in Edmonton didn't bother to tell me that my tire was basically done and needed immediate replacement when I dropped it off for a oil change and check over before the trip, despite me specifically telling them that the bike was going on a long trip. We found a tire in Astoria immediately, but because the rear tire takes a 55mm 12 point socket to get off, they had to overnight a non-OEM socket in. Good news was that there was some really good brew pubs in Astoria as well, so we made the best of it.

My tire when we pulled in to Astoria, about 500 km after the service, and the legit bike shop that replaced it:

rrr_img_76244.jpg

rrr_img_76243.jpg

And yes, I know I'm a dumbfuck who should have known that the tire was nearly done, but jesus titty fuck you think you could trust the fucking DUCATI DEALER to be like "oh hey man, your $20,000 bike needs a $300 tire yesterday, you want us to put one on for you?" In the end I am lucky as fuck that the stupid thing didn't blow out on me.