Paper Girls

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Paper Girls

Genre: Drama, Mystery, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2022-07-28

Creator: Stephany Folsom

Cast: Camryn Jones, Riley Lai Nelet, Sofia Rosinsky, Fina Strazza, Ali Wong, Nate Corddry, Adina Porter

Overview: It's the day after Halloween in 1988 when four young friends accidentally stumble into an intergalactic battle and find themselves inexplicably transported to the year 2019. When they come face-to-face with their adult selves, each girl discovers her own strengths as together they try to find a way back to the past while saving the world of the future.

Animosity

This released on Amazon today. Its based on the acclaimed comic book by Brian K Vaughn. Has a Stranger Things type vibe to it.

• 2Barf
  • 1Worf
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 3 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

4/5 from the Guardian:

"It’s set in the 80s and follows suburban kids who get drawn into a reality-warping battle, but its feminist approach to time-hopping makes it feel genuinely fresh"

"It is 12-year-old Chinese-American Erin’s (Riley Lai Nelet) first time out. When she is confronted with an enraged and racist customer, belligerent tomboy Mac (Sofia Rosinsky, giving off a huge Edward-Furlong-in-Terminator-2 vibe) comes to her rescue and quickly introduces her to the rest of the delivery gang: KJ Brandman (Fina Strazza), whose family name is on most of the public buildings in town, and Tiffany Quilkin (Camryn Jones), who is very into gadgets."

I think I can safely say on behalf of FOH Big Brains that it's a nope from them, dawg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Warpath

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The Office Reaction GIF

• 2Like

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
“…its feminist approach to time-hopping makes it feel genuinely fresh

1659115162783.jpeg

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

spronk

FPS noob
the-future-is-female.jpg

show looks like a mix of Stranger Things and Loki but an absolute shitty version of both, great job

• 2Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
We tried this and my wife is into it so we kept going. I will watch almost anything with time travel at least once.

The first episode is pure cringe for at least the first half. the introduction of the main group - so fucking over the top. Three minorities and a token poor white girl, and they make sure to slam that point home with all the subtlety you'd expect. All of these characters are ridiculously unlikeable. And they stay that way as far as I've watched.

The acting starts painfully terrible. Its like its a hilariously failed pilot instead of an actual first episode.

And they make sure to make the jewish chick also lesbian ASAP so they can add another dimension of SJW fodder.

But there are three good things I need to say about the show.
1. it really does get better - from dialogue to writing to acting, its gotten steadily better since then.

2. there is an interesting question we've all pondered, what would you say to your past self if you could... and this adds the other side of the coin, what would your past self say about your present life. the shit talking these girls do to their future and past selves actually does have its entertaining moments.

3. at some point it goes so far over the top I started to enjoy it. You came into this expecting time travel shenanigans. You didnt know you were also getting
giant robots and pet pterodactyls
. If Hitler shows up riding a laser-wielding dinosaur in the finale I wouldn't be surprised at all. I'm watching just to see what ridiculous thing happens next.

There is only one likeable character in the show and he keeps getting killed, which is pretty funny in itself.

I dunno if its the actress or the direction but the black chick plays hands down the most unlikeable child character I've ever seen. We thought we hated Joffrey in GOT; I look back on him now as just kind of annoying in comparison. This chick better get eaten by a dinosaur before its over but I'm sure she'll end up Kang or something instead.

Caliane

10 years ago, I was all about the idea of a Female goonies in comics. (it was 2015 technically, only 8). but the last 8 years have just killed any interest in this. Especially live action.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
This show is fairly watchable IMO, the premise is interesting and it's not too long. I like the tomboy and the adult version of the black chick is well written and portrayed IMO. Kid black girl is annoying as fuck and Asian girl may as well not be in it, she's a blank wall.

It very "diverse" yes but it isnt big on some common social justice motifs such as man/white hating.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Thought the show was a pretty good watch. Its short so it made it better. I think the season finale was the weakest episode by far. Interesting plot and its well acted by everyone involved. Show isnt woke at all. The only cringy woke thing in it was giving the adult black chick blue hair, but she aint bad to look at.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database