Pax Dei

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So sometime soon they are going to announce early access, for what is estimated to be around early to mid-June as they are sticking with their "Spring 2024" time frame.

It should be noted that during early access, due to the nature of how the game is, there could be one or more wipes during EA. They are going to try and limit them as much as possible, but they fully expect it to happen one or more times.

Normally I'd be like whatever, but this game is a fucking beast in terms of its crafting and farming system. If you haven't been in the F&F and the Alphas, I don't think you can fully grasp just how in-depth each profession is and the amount of farming needed to progress one of the SIXTEEN professions in this game. I just wanted to warn people of that before EA starts so you know what you're getting into before you sink 200 hours into something that could be wiped in a day.

That said, I'll be buying EA day one as I want to support both this game and the team behind it. Not sure how crazy I'll get with it, but we will see.
Ditto. I'll be supporting this game as much as I can.

At this stage of the game are you playing with a crew already or do you FoH has any interest in playing this?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Ditto. I'll be supporting this game as much as I can.

At this stage of the game are you playing with a crew already or do you FoH has any interest in playing this?
I have 6 others I’m grouped with currently, not sure what FoH has planed, if anything.

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
I ran with a group called Focus for the test. I don't know if I'll bother when it comes out if the crafting stays the same. Having to hoards thousands of materials in crates scattered all over the place, plus the crazy complicated recipes, is more work than fun.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xerge

<Donor>
The problem with true sandbox games is the only content of note is what other players contribute to the server. Once you get past the initial "build a city" part, then people start looking to destroy other cities and it becomes pretty easy to end up in a "mega town kills the server" situation which is the usual endstate of these types of games
Played through the alpha for a bit and its pretty much what others have said and this here is why I wouldn't be touching the game on release. I do hope the game cooks long enough to do well and carves out a niche though.

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
We fought LoD non stop on ice island and are now good friends. They were in no shape or form a mega guild on Death Server. They just ended up pissing everyone off is all.

Cybsled

Mega guild at least in the sense they were killing all the cities and no one was able to stop them anyways

They did use bullshit like banes at 3am though

If we can thank the devs for one thing, it is that they demonstrated “play to crush” MMOs are guaranteed to become failed ghost towns

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Mega guild at least in the sense they were killing all the cities and no one was able to stop them anyways

They did use bullshit like banes at 3am though

If we can thank the devs for one thing, it is that they demonstrated “play to crush” MMOs are guaranteed to become failed ghost towns
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

RIP Pax Dei

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

RIP Pax Dei
They not only failed to learn from it, but they have spent years holding their hands over their ears as people tried their best to tell them about it. Oh well. Same as it ever was.

• 1Like

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I really love this game, can’t wait to never see my family again as I farm endlessly.
Yeah even my solo experience was enjoyable.

Combat needs MAJOR work, but so long as it feels better than Mortal Online 2 I think it'll be somewhat successful.

• 1Truth!

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This game reminds me so much of the spiritual successor to Shadowbane. Janky combat and all.

Enjoy the 2 month lifespan, all.

• 1Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
lol no. Eve Online did it best.

Hard faction split games that lost all their players and hype 30 days after launch then limped along until they were quietly shut down a few years later are not the "best" example of anything, other than how shitty hard factions are in pvp games.
Lets not pretend that a game that has never had even like 2% of the playerbase of any of the mainstream MMOs even when they are limping along after the hype is the best example of anything, either.

What's the highest eve pop has ever been, 5-10k players controlling 30 accounts each?

• 1Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Lets not pretend that a game that has never had even like 2% of the playerbase of any of the mainstream MMOs even when they are limping along after the hype is the best example of anything, either.

What's the highest eve pop has ever been, 5-10k players controlling 30 accounts each?
LOL. Eve had and maintained 550k+ subs for over a decade. I think they peaked at maybe 750k.

Literally other than WoW and perhaps some Korean grinders with some crazy "sub" numbers its one of the most successful MMOs in history.

• 1Like

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Yeah mocking Eve is pretty silly. 99% of MMO devs, past, present, and future, would give a testicle to have their success.

• 1Like