Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Perry Mason

Genre: Drama, Mystery, Crime

First aired: 2020-06-21

Creator: Rolin Jones, Ron Fitzgerald

Cast: Matthew Rhys, Juliet Rylance, Chris Chalk, Shea Whigham, Tatiana Maslany, John Lithgow

Overview: Set in 1932 Los Angeles, the series focuses on the origin story of famed defense lawyer Perry Mason. Living check-to-check as a low-rent private investigator, Mason is haunted by his wartime experiences in France and suffering the effects of a broken marriage. L.A. is booming while the rest of the country recovers from the Great Depression — but a kidnapping gone very wrong leads to Mason exposing a fractured city as he uncovers the truth of the crime.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
New HBO show. Searched and didn't see a thread for it. Started this week. Very slow burn. Wife got bored. I enjoyed it but I dont mind slow stories that build.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Looks interesting but I have such little confidence in HBO anymore that I'm not willing to invest time into one of their series until I can read some opinions after the entire season has been aired. It's either the writing completely drops the ball, the show becomes a smug wokefest, or some combination of the two.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Looks interesting but I have such little confidence in HBO anymore that I'm not willing to invest time into one of their series until I can read some opinions after the entire season has been aired. It's either the writing completely drops the ball, the show becomes a smug wokefest, or some combination of the two.
Its set in 1931 LA. Hard for it to be very woke. Pretty much every main character is white. The Latina pilot is kind of odd though. I dont know enough to say if there wasn't female pilots beyond Amelia Earhardt.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
First episode was interesting, it's a 8 episode miniseries so I guess we won't have many filler episodes or side missions.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I really liked the first episode, but I'm a sucker for hard boiled shit, didn't detect any SJW, based on the time period there are some derogatory terms and remarks about blacks so I'm surprised no trigger warning.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can’t believe they showed the baby and then came back and did close ups. Fucked up.

Enjoyed episode 1.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Only saw the trailer for this before canceling HBO a couple of months back. Looks like something I would enjoy though. Comments here are encouraging.

I'll check this out for sure when the next season of Westworld is up.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, that was a drag and the last episode was quite stupid. Actors were okay but the writing was very bad and it was paced like a slow-motion turtle race.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I started to watch the first episode last night and switched it off. After watching him in the Americans and now this I guess Matthew Rhys must just be inherently miserable and world-weary.

He is Welsh so I suppose that figures.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I finished the first season of this yesterday. I thought the first two episodes were really slow, but past that this turned out to be quite good.

Rhys is great, lots of actors from Boardwalk Empire and other HBO shows, Stephen Root is always amazing. I’m a big fan of golden age Hollywood and the 1930s.

If you have up early on, give it a couple more episodes and it really catches up.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I finished the first season of this yesterday. I thought the first two episodes were really slow, but past that this turned out to be quite good.

Rhys is great, lots of actors from Boardwalk Empire and other HBO shows, Stephen Root is always amazing. I’m a big fan of golden age Hollywood and the 1930s.

If you have up early on, give it a couple more episodes and it really catches up.
Maybe I will circle back. I watched the first couple of episodes when it came out and just kinda noped out.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Maybe I will circle back. I watched the first couple of episodes when it came out and just kinda noped out.
We quit watching it after the first episode. Let it sit for six plus months. We were bored the other day and decided to watch episode 2. I was like this is getting better, girlfriend was like ehhh. Watched episode 3, and past that, we finished it in less than a week and was looking forward to each episode.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Both seasons start slow, and it’s hard to be motivated to put it on over other shows. At some point in each season that flips and it becomes a must binge.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users
TV show information provided by The Movie Database