Phillips Sonicare Diamondclean

Xasten_sl

shitlord
I loved mine, but I've gone through two and both died suddenly after about a year each. Didn't abuse them or anything, just sat on the counter top charging between uses.

Soriak_sl

shitlord
Electric toothbrushes are awesome and I would never do without one again... but I don't think the really expensive models are much better than the regular ones. It seems to come down to the detachable brushing head thingy... and can't you just put the ones for this model on an older model? (At least with Brown that seems to work just fine.) Although they cost $10 per head, which seems pretty pricey.

New models tend to come with multiple modes (e.g. massage, polish...) - I think mine has 4 settings, but I've never used anything but the regular cleaning one. When am I supposed to use the "massage" setting, for example? I have no idea. Some notification every 30 seconds is very useful, though (mine vibrates).

I would suggest adding one of those things to the routine, though:http://www.amazon.com/Waterpik-WP-10...dp/B000GLRREU/

I absolutely hate flossing and never did it with the stupid strings. This, on the other hand, actually feels pretty good. I can't speak for its claims to be better than flossing (although some reviewers suggest it does), but it sure as hell is better than not flossing at all.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I'm on my second sonicare since around 2004, the first one died around the beginning of 2012 iirc. I don't charge mine until it dies. Don't remember which model the first one was, but the second one is a little fancier, a couple different settings that I don't use. Some of the nicer ones come with a UV sterilizer I think. The base model is definitely worth it, easily the best money I ever spent on oral hygiene. Higher models just have a few fancier accessories/modes.

The one thing it doesn't do well is brush your tongue. I have a separate tooth brush for that, also use a tongue scraper.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I have the one with the UV sterilizer (because it was only a few bucks more at the time, I rarely use it) and the multiple modes, of which I only ever use the original mode also. I used the old style one for years and years, probably close to 10 like ToeMissile, until it finally got a crack in the housing that held the brushes in. This new style where you just pop the heads off is vastly easier to clean, so that alone was worth upgrading for me. I will probably always have one of these for the rest of my life, it just feels weird not to have one. They are awesome.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I have an Oral B Triumph which is also great. Haven't tried the SonicCare models but I'm sure they're all comparable.

ABIGword of warning to those that hunt for deals on the expensive brush heads. I at one point started to buy mine in bulk off of Amazon.com at a significant discount. The packaging, the brush , everything looked exactly like the ones I was buying at CVS. However, over the next year my oral hygiene went way downhill. My dentist didn't understand where all the tooth stain was coming from, I got gingivitis-- a total disaster. Finally it just so happened that I changed out a brush head, and two broke (the metal mechanism inside the shaft of the brush head) within days of each other. I googled "oral-B brush head broken" and it seems there is a HUGE black market for counterfeit brush heads. They look the same but vibrate like shit and the brush material doesn't clean properly, amongst a number of other deficiencies that can't be seen. At least for Oral-B, you could tell a fake by scratching the oral-B logo on the brush. On the real ones it is under the plastic so can't be scratched off. On the counterfeits it is on top so can be.. Low and behold I had been buying fakes off Amazon.. Once I switched back to heads purchased from a retail store my mouth turned around in no time. My dentist was amazed.. So be careful and don't try and cheap out on the brush heads and buy them online unless it's from a reputable dealer.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Electronic toothbrushes sound like pussy shit. I'm surprised to see kegkilla is such a proponent of it.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
you should give it a shot, it might help you get the taste of Tuco's ass out of your mouth.