Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (2017)

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
1.00 star(s) Rating: 1.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales

Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy

Director: Joachim Rønning, Espen Sandberg

Cast: Johnny Depp, Javier Bardem, Geoffrey Rush, Brenton Thwaites, Kaya Scodelario, Kevin McNally, Stephen Graham, David Wenham, Golshifteh Farahani, Orlando Bloom, Martin Klebba, Angus Barnett, Adam Brown, Danny Kirrane, Giles New, Delroy Atkinson, Paul McCartney, Keira Knightley, Anthony De La Torre, Lewis McGowan, Juan Carlos Vellido, Rodney Afif, Bruce Spence, Zoe Ventoura, James Mackay, Brooke Chamberlain, Alexander Scheer, Goran D. Kleut, Wassim Hawat, Ben O'Toole, Finn Ireland, Nico Cortez, James Fraser, Derani Scarr, Robert Morgan, Goran D. Kleut, Mahesh Jadu, Travis Jeffery, Akos Armont, Sean Lynch, Ben O'Toole, Akshay Caplash, Rafael Torrijos, Mivon Prince-Leyva, Michael Dorman, Rohan Nichol, Rupert Raineri, Stephen Lopez, Richard Piper, Justin Smith, John Leary, Bryan Probets, Ken Radley, Hannah Walters, Jonathan Elsom, K. Todd Freeman, James Lawson, Darcy Laurie, Jessica Green, Haley Madison, Kiara Freeman, Piper Nairn, Suzanne Dervish-Ali, Donnie Baxter, Winnie Mzembe, Christie-Lee Britten, Mollie McGregor, Sophia McGregor

Release: 2017-05-24

Plot: Captain Jack Sparrow is pursued by an old rival, Captain Salazar, who along with his crew of ghost pirates has escaped from the Devil's Triangle, and is determined to kill every pirate at sea. Jack seeks the Trident of Poseidon, a powerful artifact that grants its possessor total control over the seas, in order to defeat Salazar.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, they have kind of diminished with each sequel but this series can count on my money every time. Someday, I will fulfill my potential and either be a pirate or jedi

• 1Like

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
As long as they continue to have over the top scenes like the rolling wheel sword fight, they can have my money.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The fight between the Pearl and the Dutchman as they sail through the maelstrom is still one of the best special effects scenes I've seen in my life, and Geoffrey Rush is way better than Johnny Depp in these movies.

• 2Like

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Too much Orlando Bloom v2 in your face.
Liked the first 3 a lot, seriously going downhill since. They better make this one good (trailer does nothing for me).

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I haven't liked these since the first, and I only kinda liked that one. I will almost certainly never see this film.

• 2Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I only ever saw the first one. Were the others even worth watching? They seem like the same thing rehashed over and over...

• 1Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I'm in the boat of liking the first one quite a bit, 2nd one not as much, 3rd I fell asleep during and then the 4th (I think it was the 4th) was better but not as good as the first. Will probably watch this but not in theaters.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
movies are great when jack sparrow is a side character who wanders in and out, terrible when he is the main character. trailer looked good though, that was an awesome looking bad guy. Will need subtitles, couldn't understand half of what he was saying

i fucking love pirates though, i could watch pirate shit all day. If you haven't watched it yet, watch Black Sails NOW its awesome and has tons of titties

• 1Like

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
I stopped watching these after the second one, mostly because you could already tell they were running out of good/compelling ideas, and it didn't seem worth watching them try to recapture the feel of the first movie. Could start imagining the director off-screen every time Johnny Depp was Johnny Depping, screaming shit like 'KOOKY! MORE KOOKY!'

Friend sent the trailer along because he knows I'm a big fan of Javier Bardem, but even that seems meh. Underwater Raoul Silva with weird/uncanny CGI face mesh, no thank you.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Szlia

The fourth film was not directed by Gore Verbinski and was not so good (why Rob "Chicago" Marshall? That makes no sense)... this time it's the directing duo of... Bandidas (not seen, supposedly lame?) and Kon-Tiki (not seen but supposedly good?) also a couple episodes of Marco-Polo.

Not a fan of Bardem overplaying like crazy, but I am still curious about the franchise and Golshifteh Farahani is reason enough to see a movie!

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Why do I want to see a movie about yet another flavour of ghost/monster pirates? I saw the first one.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

1 was good, 2 and 3 should have been 1 movie with a more polished plot imo, 4...not that bad.

• 1Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
gfs_45325_2_46.jpg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database