Pit bulls - The Breed of Peace

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
But those are just actual deaths. I'd rather not get mauled and live either all things considered. Quick googling shows 4.5 million bites reported per year, with 22% being from pit bulls alone. So I can get a pit and have a 0.3% chance of being bitten per year, or I can get dozens of other breeds and have 0.00% chance of being bit per year. Again, its not like there's a shortage of dogs to pick from or that pits bring something else to the table, they literally only bring violence to the table.
I thought about looking up bites and even other dog maulings. But he said murders, and I figured we probably have the best stats on actual deaths. Dog kills and maulings can and do often go unreported, so we'd be down to relying on estimates.

I can see why his propaganda site doesn't push the non fatal bites stat since only 22% of those are done by pit bulls. Your numbers don't add up, BTW. If only 22% are from pits, 78% of bites are coming from all those other breeds.

Despite being 20% of the population, they account for 22% of all reported dog bites. I mean, that's pretty much what you'd expect if they weren't any more likely to bite a person than any other dog.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I thought about looking up bites and even other dog maulings. But he said murders, and I figured we probably have the best stats on actual deaths. Dog kills and maulings can and do often go unreported, so we'd be down to relying on estimates.

I can see why his propaganda site doesn't push the non fatal bites stat since only 22% of those are done by pit bulls. Your numbers don't add up, BTW. If only 22% are from pits, 78% of bites are coming from all those other breeds.

Despite being 20% of the population, they account for 22% of all reported dog bites. I mean, that's pretty much what you'd expect if they weren't any more likely to bite a person than any other dog.

18% were german shepherds and 21% were mixed. It doesn't say how many of those mixed were pit mixes or how many shepherds were police dogs. But those 3 account for 60% alone. Also, this isn't like humans where there are only 5 or so races to consider. The 40% is spread out amongst dozens of breeds, and how many of those are chihuahua bites that are practically meaningless.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Having done a few doggie dna tests
Come On Wtf GIF

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The numbers are so off, dog bites vs mauling/killing is so skewed. Yes dogs will bite especially small dogs when you try to pick them up, they bite and then go go on there way. Pits are just assholes and just will keep attacking and stupid

Yes I know you can can have a good pit and it comes down to the owner but naturally they're terrible

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

tugofpeace

Lord Nagafen Raider
Interesting pit bull hate group you linked there.

"In the 15-year period of 2005 through 2019, canines killed 521 Americans."

I had no idea the numbers were so low. 90 million dogs, 300 million people, and this happens on average 35 times per year. Even if you look just at the 18 million pit bulls, it's ultra rare. This shit is faker and gayer than covid.

But since I looked up the numbers, lets do this right. Despite being 20% of the dog population (per google), they commit 66% of the canine caused human deaths (per the hatesite you linked). What were the numbers for nogs again? Gotta remember that a dog is only going to get to kill one or 2 then get put down. The nogs get put back on the street to kill and kill again until someone finally kills them back.

ff3b81e2099b4cbabe56b26e52535462_xl.jpg

She lived. Plenty of people like her who get mauled and live.

Lol @ pitbull sympathizers

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Probably best to look at admittance to hospitals by breed. Death from a dog usually requires extraordinary circumstances, and reported bites is too large a net. If my neighbor has a loud, aggressive chihuahua they don't keep control of that nips my kid I'm not going to let it slide and that's a +1 in the non-pit column, but it's also not what we're really talking about when discussing dangerous dogs.

Siliconemelons

Drive into a big strip mall location, entry road leads you past the front of a Pets Mart or whatever - I see TWO women with a big dog on a leash.

I look at my wife as we pull in and start to say something, but before I get past the first letter of saying something - OFF GOES THE DOG and DOWN GO THE LADYS.

My kids chime in "DOG is loose! lol" and "If we were outside, Dad would you shoot the dog?"

"Absolutely"

As the dog ran off into the parking lot while the two women perhaps, finally stood up. We got out a far way away, but I tell the kids to keep a look out for the dog, as we did not see it get retrieved and to always be aware.

We go into and come out of the store, my middle girl goes "Where is the dog!" and my oldest girl is like "Be careful! Hope we don't see it" and my middle girl reply "I hope we do, then dad gets to shoot it"

I think I am on point on parenting...and not...at the same time.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Probably best to look at admittance to hospitals by breed. Death from a dog usually requires extraordinary circumstances, and reported bites is too large a net. If my neighbor has a loud, aggressive chihuahua they don't keep control of that nips my kid I'm not going to let it slide and that's a +1 in the non-pit column, but it's also not what we're really talking about when discussing dangerous dogs.
Is that a stat anyone keeps? Any stat is useful if used correctly. Just put less stock in estimates and unconfirmed reports. That's why the death stat is so useful. If a person dies, you know there's a high likelihood they're going to investigate and find the actual dog.