Planning a trip to the 2018 World Cup

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I'm putting together a plan to get to the 2018 World Cup in Russia. I figure I need to start figuring out the logistics now since it's such a huge event. I'm thinking about getting either an SPG Preferred card or a Marriot Rewards card and starting to rack up points to use for the trip. Both of them claim no black out dates, so would I be safe to assume I'd be able to use them to book a hotel in Moscow during the World Cup?

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
i actually root for Germany primarily in the world cups given that I have German heritage and family over there, and that they generally have a reasonable shot at advancing. of course, USA will be the #2. let's hope USA doesn't get put in the same group as Germany again.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
i actually root for Germany primarily in the world cups given that I have German heritage and family over there, and that they generally have a reasonable shot at advancing. of course, USA will be the #2. let's hope USA doesn't get put in the same group as Germany again.
I'm the same except flip USA to #1 because I'm not a traitor to greatest, freest, best, country that god has ever given man on the face of this earth.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
you get 2 spg points for every dollar spent, out of country free rooms can start at 30k points a night. Kinda sucks to spend $15k for a single free night. Btw no blackouts but they can jack the points required to book.

Pro tip, find something to complain about, a manager gave me 5000 free points when I bitched about minimal housekeeping service.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
you get 2 spg points for every dollar spent, out of country free rooms can start at 30k points a night. Kinda sucks to spend $15k for a single free night. Btw no blackouts but they can jack the points required to book.

Pro tip, find something to complain about, a manager gave me 5000 free points when I bitched about minimal housekeeping service.
yeah, i do this all the time lol.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
so i'm looking on the Marriott website and it's showing me there are courtyards available in Moscow for 10k points a night. what is the likelihood I will be able to get that rate for the tournament?

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
afraid not, i dont care about soccer that much and its gonna be a shit show there on 2018 im sure.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
keg needs a translator.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
the younger ones will, they were raised with the internet. people who are 40+ not so much

you going by yourself?
hopefully not but I'm having a hard time selling my friends on it. they're all starting to settle down and the logistics of going to Russia for 2+ weeks and talking shit to pussies from France and Sweden doesn't seem to appeal to them. also none of them are really into soccer. i was talking to this kid i used to work with earlier trying to convince him as soon as I mentioned drugs and hookers he got all weird about it, so he's out. fucking accountants.