Prisoners of the Ghostland (2021)

spronk

FPS noob
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Prisoners of the Ghostland (2021)

Genre: Action, Thriller, Horror, Western, Comedy, Science Fiction

Director: Sion Sono

Cast: Nicolas Cage, Sofia Boutella, Bill Moseley, Nick Cassavetes, TAK∴, Yuzuka Nakaya, YOUNG DAIS, Lorena Kotô, Canon Nawata, Charles Glover, Cici Zhou, Louis Kurihara, Tetsu Watanabe, Takato Yonemoto, Shin Shimizu, Matthew Chozick, Constant Voisin, Hiroshi Kaname, Maya Carraz, Ilsa, Yurino, Matthew Chozick, Chiho Fujii, Christina Virzi

Release: 2021-04-24

Runtime: 103

Plot: In the treacherous frontier city of Samurai Town, a ruthless bank robber is sprung from jail by wealthy warlord The Governor, whose adopted granddaughter Bernice has gone missing. The Governor offers the prisoner his freedom in exchange for retrieving the runaway. Strapped into a leather suit that will self-destruct within five days, the bandit sets off on a journey to find the young woman—and his own path to redemption.

spronk

FPS noob

what... the... fuck lol

Nicolas Cage delivers yet another weird ass cool looking, short movie. He is banging these out.

Out sept 17th on VOD and theaters

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Nic Cage having to beat the shit out of samurai while having bombs strapped to his nuts?

Lets Go Reaction GIF by The Lonely Island

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
according to Cage this is the wildest movie he has ever made

after Mandy and Color out of Space and Bad Lt...

• 2Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>

what... the... fuck lol

Nicolas Cage delivers yet another weird ass cool looking, short movie. He is banging these out.

Out sept 17th on VOD and theaters.
The trailer reminds me of a Jodorowsky film. I'm really enjoying the fact that he's doing all of these bizarre indie projects. At least it's something original which you can't say for the rest of Hollywood.

I still need to watch Pig, and now I can add this one to my list, too.

Thanks for posting.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'm just gonna go ahead and say it. I love Nicolas Cage. He just might be the greatest actor of our generation, if not every generation. (slight sarcasm there, but not completely!)

Unlike Bruce Willis, who churns out shit after shit, Nic Cage is making some of the best movies of his career right now. Mandy, Color Out of Space, Pig, even Willy's Wonderland was way, way more entertaining than it had any right to be. And he never spoke during it!! WTF? What household-name Hollywood actor does that?

At this point, I will watch anything he puts out because chances are it will be better than AT LEAST half the shit out there.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I am not sure what the fuck is going on in that trailer but I am in.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm just gonna go ahead and say it. I love Nicolas Cage. He just might be the greatest actor of our generation, if not every generation. (slight sarcasm there, but not completely!)

Unlike Bruce Willis, who churns out shit after shit, Nic Cage is making some of the best movies of his career right now. Mandy, Color Out of Space, Pig, even Willy's Wonderland was way, way more entertaining than it had any right to be. And he never spoke during it!! WTF? What household-name Hollywood actor does that?

At this point, I will watch anything he puts out because chances are it will be better than AT LEAST half the shit out there.

His agent deserves some props as well. Getting Nic Cage on these workable scripts is a feat in itself, and he did say he likes a lot of backend $ which requires some negotiation.

Nic's agent seems like an ass kicker. It wouldn't surprise me if Bruce Willis booking consists of his personal email address he circulates and he gets offered movies on LinkedIn and accepts in the order they come.

• 2Like

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I've enjoyed the last few movies with Nic Cage.. but man Sion Sono + Nic Cage? absolutely hyped

tumblr_nfk0maLB8H1sp21sno5_400.gifv

Last edited:

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
So, I'm gonna be real here. I don't care for the stuff gauze linked in those gifs/videos above. It just isn't my cup of tea. And since the same dude made this movie, it just wasn't for me. If it weren't for the fact that Nic Cage was in it, I would have stopped it like 20 minutes in. Maybe less. It was literally just a vehicle for that guy to answer the question of, "How much weird trippy fucking shit can I stuff into an hour and forty minutes?"

Cage was perfect, as always. Boutella was just there; it could have literally been anyone. Her acting was pretty shit, but since almost everyone else's acting was too, I feel like that was on purpose. I get that he wanted everyone to act fucking weird and stupid and crazy, but when Nic Cage is literally the sanest person in the fucking movie...ouch.

Of course, if you like that Sion Sono guy's stuff, you will likely love this. I hated it. I will have to watch Mandy several times to cleanse this crap from my brain.

• 1Like

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I made it an hour before i had to turn it off. This is what you get when a literal 5 year old writes your script.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
It was WEIRD (which should be expected, given the director) and a very slow burn to get to the finish. Still good, but it's not displacing Mandy or Willy's Wonderland on my list of modern Cage classics.

Nic Cage is relatively subdued in this, but he gets a few random lines/scenes that are suitably Cage-esque. Also, Tak Sakaguchi is in this as well and he's great in all his scenes.

• 1Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database