Project FI

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
There is ongoing discussions about it in the Smartphone thread. A few of us are already on it.

I like it just fine. Few quirks that I am hoping they work out eventually, but as a whole I am quite happy. And you can't beat the price.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Love it! Wife and I are using it and our total bill last month was under $53. We have wifi just about everywhere we go including all the xfinity hot spots around Atlanta.

jeydax

Death and Taxes
Been using it for a few months now. I wrote up a mini-review in the Smart Phone thread a while back. I'm still happy with it and don't think I'll be switching out of it any time soon. Cheap bill, best customer service there is in the industry (imo), and T-Mobile/Sprint coverage combined = pretty sweet.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Been using it for a few months now. I wrote up a mini-review in the Smart Phone thread a while back. I'm still happy with it and don't think I'll be switching out of it any time soon. Cheap bill, best customer service there is in the industry (imo), and T-Mobile/Sprint coverage combined = pretty sweet.
pretty much exact experience as well, except for time, think it's only been a couple months so far.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I've had it for about 9 hours at my house today and it has been great. Received 1 phone call and looked at like 20 webpages. A++

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
What kind of data speeds you guys getting? If it uses sprint and T-Mobile for service, T-Mobile is usually good outside of buildings but crap indoors and sprint is good indoors and crap everywhere else. Always slow too.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Internet? I still get some dead spots, but its usually good. Ive been almost everywhere on the east coast so far from mass to Florida.

error_sl

shitlord
It's too bad Sprint is CDMA and when Fi switches radios you can't use data/calling at the same time on that network.

jeydax

Death and Taxes
What kind of data speeds you guys getting? If it uses sprint and T-Mobile for service, T-Mobile is usually good outside of buildings but crap indoors and sprint is good indoors and crap everywhere else. Always slow too.
Here are two speed tests from my Nexus 6. The left one is an outdoor test done a few days ago, the right one is an indoor test I just did at work behind a few walls. Both were taken in the Minneapolis/Saint Paul Minnesota metro area (ignore that it says I'm on wifi in the first one, I'd just pulled up the old result) and I was on T-Mobile for both.

rrr_img_114387.jpg

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Nice!
My Nexus 5X on Fi should be a nice boost in speed (when it arrives) compared to my Iphone 4s on ATT. Just did a speed test and I got 127 ping, 4.19 down, 0.5 up. lol

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I was looking to swap services since I had Republic Wireless and it wasn't working out with the new phone I had, but then a Google-Fi invite popped up so said "fuck it".

They said it would come next week, but I found the package sitting next to the door when I came home an hour ago. I'm still setting it up, but it switched my number over and their function transfer ability is already trying to put my phone together like my old one. There were "shadow app" placeholders on the new phone where my apps were on the old one, and it was downloading them. Its corny I know, but sometimes even the little shit can impress you I guess lol.