Prometheus is the worst movie ever made

The movie was a pile. It made me feel like they got bunch of different directors to film portions of the movie, using the same people, but with their own perspective of what the script should feel like, all while not knowing there were other directors filming the other parts. Then they had a film school intern edit the movie together the best he could without knowing what the movie is about.

Szlia

I am not sure it's the worst, but in the past 9 years I saw a bit north of 1100 recent movies and only 21 got the lowest score on my scale, so as far as I am concerned, Prometheus is in the bottom 2%.

Reiloo_sl

shitlord
Anybody else pay attention to the fact when boarding the lander vehicle there is a man there that says hes in charge of security and is never seen again? The flying mapping drones capable of a autonomous function yet do not have cameras so that the crew can view safely from the ship but instead need to wander in with their own cameras. Also seems odd that those suits seem to function on present day tank system closer to an astronaut when we have whats known as rebreather systems since early James Bond movies. I would hope to think they have some more advance by this time instead of running out of air within an hour considering the atmosphere especially inside the complex resembled that of Earth.

The fact the crew didn't know each other but maybe one time makes the mission feel oddly rushed but assuming this is the future and according to the other movies the "company" is all about that $$$ it seems sloppy especially if this is where in time the original CEO was still living. Make up on Peter Weyland always bothered me as well I'm sure I'm not the only one. Love Guy Pearce but ugh terrible...

Logan Marshall aka Holloway... I know he was the 2nd to main character in the movie but I felt nothing when he was suddenly dropped the way he did, no emotional weight to his character and he was a borderline ass and didn't really seem to fit the description of a roll anyway.

The mystery of Vickers being a robot also bugged me as well since I would have had to assume she either known by now if she was human or not. So the clumsy nature of falling over rocks like a person seem unfounded as David is capable of doing everything with ease. An I give you the example that Vickers is able to pin David to the wall and force it back again as he try's to move. Which last I remember those robots were fairly strong... Not to mention the medical machine in her own private pod was configured for a man. Now if you go to the example that she is human since there is a scene where her and the captain have potential sex. Well considering how advance things are now in the industry I'm sure a "fully" functional robot is definitely possible by this time.

The fact they go to meet the final engineer with the lightest security detail ever also bugs me since they clearly lost a majority of the crew when the first infected came back and attacked half the ship. Flame thrower would have helped maybe just a bit on the big bad engineer? Ugh I can think of plenty more but it Sunday and I feel lazy.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Make up on Peter Weyland always bothered me as well I'm sure I'm not the only one. Love Guy Pearce but ugh terrible...
Why are we still taking about this film? AND in the wrong forum?

HOWEVER, the quote above reminded me of one of the curious decisions made for this movie. Was it ever explained why they had an actor in old-man make-up? Why could they not simply hire an older actor? It's as if they were planning some type of rejuvenation scene in the film but made last minute changes to the script.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Prometheus is one of the few bad movies i have sat through that made me fucking angry afterward
Why are we still taking about this film? AND in the wrong forum?

HOWEVER, the quote above reminded me of one of the curious decisions made for this movie. Was it ever explained why they had an actor in old-man make-up? Why could they not simply hire an older actor? It's as if they were planning some type of rejuvenation scene in the film but made last minute changes to the script.
there were extra guy pierce flashbacks planned, with him as a young man.
here. just watch this excellent review.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Wanna know what Prometheus was gayer than? Giger's art

21000.jpg

hr_giger_csg0481.jpg

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Because of this thread I watched this last night.

....please Rickshaw this ASAP

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
i came up with one possible rationale for little worm alien murdering the scientist. the scientist actor does pretend to look sort of dazzled or transfixed by the alien so it may have charmed him. but thats it. the movie was fucking terrible and it isn't worth even worth trying to discuss.

they should have just pissed the $120 mill up against a wall instead, it would have been more productive.

p.s. wrong forum

Johnny53

Vyemm Raider
Last month, Noomi Rapace hinted at what the new protagonists in Prometheus 2 might be, and mentioned God and the Devil. But following Scott's statements today it seems God(s) won't be the focus, but something equally as terrifying, and something all audiences can graple onto and be fearful of regardless of religious background and beliefs.

With filming for Prometheus 2 said to begin late 2015, the projected release date of March 4th, 2016 seems a tad early, however until we know the exact film start-date it's unclear to determine whether or not Prometheus 2 will make that deadline.

For more updates and constant coverage on Prometheus 2 and eventually Prometheus 3, be sure to bookmark this site and keep an eye on Prometheus2-Movie.com!