question about stealing internet

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
my new apartment has an xfinity wifi hotspot nearby which lets xfinity customers use for free. my parents have xfinity so im able to Log in with their account. problem is it requires a browser log in so i cant log in with other shit like playstation and my tv. is there any way to get this shit to work with these devices? i really hate giving comcast/verizon money. Thanks.

agripa

Molten Core Raider
You can try spoofing your mac address from your playstation to your laptop and logging in via your laptop once logged in disconnect the laptop and turn on the playstation. That should work for you.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Have you tried calling xfinity? Just have your parents account number or whatever in hand.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Can't you connect and then try to browse to any page from your PS / TV ? It should redirect you to the login page.

Silence_sl

shitlord
My biggest fear in life that a pack of zombies are going to break through my door, and I'll be unable to escape because my legs are asleep.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
You don't want to game or Netflix off of an open, public wifi connection anyway. The connection will be total crap.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Can't you connect and then try to browse to any page from your PS / TV ? It should redirect you to the login page.
I honestly havent tried yet but i dont that would work with the ps3 browser since it does a connectivity test before letting you browse

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I did a speed test and it was like 30 mbps down with a 17 ping
Sure, during a 10 second test when probably no one else was using it.

Chances are that while you stream a 2 hour movie a lot of users will be jumping on and off the network doing various things that change your bandwidth significantly. But, I guess it's free, just don't be surprised when your latency goes to shit at any given point, and you won't have any control over when & for how long it lasts.